Chineses Users have no way to pay

First ,please excuse my poor English,i have no choice but write here to inform you.
In China,A very few people use visa , most of us us unionpay card,
I like 1Password so much ,I want to buy account for a year ,but I can't use my unionpay,when I input my card number ,it shows me that it's not a visa
Another app called LastPass ,it has unionpay and alipay for chinese users ,these two are the way we can pay
So,there are a lot of Chinese users want to buy,but are unable to pay ,
When can you add unionpay or alipay ,I'm want to use it urgently,looking forward for your reply,thx

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Hi @midays! I'm sorry about that. At the moment we can only accept credit cards. We would like to add other payment methods in the future so folks like yourself can use 1Password subscriptions. I'll let the team know you're interested in UnionPay and Alipay. You're welcome to purchase a standalone license with PayPal if you'd like. It doesn't include a subscription account, but you can use 1Password on your computers with a license. Hope that helps.

• PayPal is not allowed in China ,don't you know?
    Just like visa ,its very very hard to get a visa in China
    Please add unionpay or alipay like lastpass did
    China now is the biggest market of Apple Software than America
    I am sure it will be very profitable

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Ah, good to know. We'll keep this in mind for the future then. Thanks again for posting about it.

• midaysmidays
    edited October 2016

Thank you so much
    Please let me know when you add unionpay

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

We do not have any definite plans at this point, but we are looking into the feasibility of accepting alternative payment methods.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. I've removed your email address as these are public forums. :)

• i have the same pb,does 1password support to use paypal for subscription?
    for example,using paypal to pay 1 year subscription in advance.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @romber,

At the moment we do not. We can only accept credit cards at the moment: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. We are hoping to expand this in the future.

Ben

• can i pay for the subscription in advance using visa card?
    i mean not paying monthly,for example, purchase subscription 1 year, and pay it now using visa card

• @romber if you are purchasing a 1Password account (or Family) subscription then yes, you can pay for 1 year using Visa credit card (which is actually cheaper than paying monthly). If you check on the pricing page https://1password.com/sign-up/ you will see that the stated prices are actually billed annually (paying monthly has a slightly higher cost).

• PilarPilar

Team Member

Hi @romber

I think @Martok has taken the words out of my mouth ;) You can for sure pay your subscription annually and if for some reason it bugs you, you can even remove the card and only add it again when the year is about to finish. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

• thank you all for the help

• brentybrenty

Team Member

You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• Google, Facebook, and many others are not allowed in China, because Chinese law requires companies to have their servers physically located in China, and comply with Chinese law concerning access to information on the servers. These companies refuse to do this. Apple cooperates. Evernote reached a compromise, with an Chinese cloud account and apps ifor Chinese users, and a different Evernote for the rest of the world. agilebits may need to ignore the Chinese market.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@emiron: We don't have plans to do so, but you're right that if we're given a choice between compromising 1Password users' security/privacy and not operating in China we'll have to choose the latter. :(

This discussion has been closed.