App won't let me use Dropbox vault after wipe and reload

dgaither
dgaither
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled my OS recently (downgrade from Sierra to El Capitan). My 1Password vault is in Dropbox, and the appropriate files are synced on the current system. I signed up for a 1Password account on the web, but now I can't get to this "Preferences" option in the app, as it is disabled. When I open up 1Password, I get this blank popup window. Screenshot is attached.

Edit: downloaded the app from a different source and it worked! Not sure what changed, but I'm not gonna complain!

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgaither,

I'm glad it's working correctly for you now! The only reason I can think of why 'Preferences' would be grayed out in the 1Password menu is if you haven't set up the app yet. But you probably weren't able to set it up yet because of that blank popup window - I'm guessing that's actually the "Welcome to 1Password" window, although I don't know why it was blank. Fortunately, it sounds like it worked correctly once you re-downloaded the app. Thanks for following up to let us know!

Hopefully it all continues to work well for you from now on, but if you need more help, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.