Suggestion about Reveal Password in Windows Client

bnipper
bnipper
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In the previous version on Windows there was a quick toggle to show and hide the password, currently the drop down menu is one to many clicks. I'd love to have a way to click on the password or a toggle next to it to show/hide the password.

I understand the Copy Feature is needed on everything so the decision to make that the "main" button next to each element makes sense, but the showing and hiding of a password is a very common task in my workflow so I'd guess it is for others as well.

1Password Version: 6.1.286d
Extension Version: 6.1.286d
OS Version: Windows 10 (10.0.14393)
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Reveal Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bnipper: Interesting. It's something we plan on adding, but I'm not certain that I've hear of this being used frequently before. I'd love to hear more about your workflow. Maybe there are other things we could learn from that as well. Thanks for letting us know how important a keyboard shortcut for "reveal" is to you! :)

ref: OPW6-258

• NearlyThere
    NearlyThere
    Community Member

I would like this feature too. I would like it in the browser extension

Some sites (particularly banks with multi stage authentication authentication) don't want the whole password or passcode the want letter 3 and letter 4 for example. If I could reveal the password then I can select the correct letters. Otherwise I have to log into the windows application and edit the entry and then edit the password in order to see the letters. That is too much of a faff.

Related to this is the need to show more than just the username and password in the browser extension. I would like to select which fields appear in the browser extension. Again some sites want more than 2 pieces of data to grant access - some banks ask for a username, a piece of memorable data ( they can choose from several supplied) and then ask for 2 or 3 characters from a password. So I would like a feature that allowed me to choose to display it in the browser extension and whether it was visible or asterisked out.

• NearlyThere
    NearlyThere
    Community Member

I just discovered what the "padlock" button by hidden fields in the Windows application is for. That means I don't have to edit a field to reveal it.

However, I would still like to see more than 2 fields visible in the browser extension for the reasons explained.

• Hi @NearlyThere,

It sounds like you're using 1Password 4, not 1Password 6 that the original poster is using. You can also press Control + R to reveal the concealed fields for the item you're viewing.

In 1Password 6 that's coming soon for everyone, there is support for Large Type that looks like this:

We will bring this to the 1Password mini and you could right-click to copy anything in the item for now as well:

We will bring the item's details viewer and editor inline for 1Password mini.

This discussion has been closed.