No "Edit" in Organize tab no matter what I do…?

naeS1Sean
naeS1Sean
Community Member
edited October 2016 in iOS

Hello! I'm very new to 1Password and I adore it so far! That's why I'm so bummed that I can't figure this out! So I was playing around inside the iOS app and I wanted to remove the LastPass Import tag from all of my entry's and start getting into some serious organization with folders. I couldn't figure it out! I looked online and found a great article on how to do such things, and it's very intuitive, as expected. The Edit button on the top right in the Organize tab. However, the Edit button is not there for me…no matter what I do. I changed to individual vaults instead of all vaults. I deleted and redownloaded the app. Check settings. I can't figure it out! For sake of info, I signed up yesterday so I'm in the 30 day family trail. I did add a credit card to my account and intend on staying. I did not yet get everything setup in the account, like inviting my wife. Just in case any of that matters. Any help is really appreciated!!!

Comments

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.1, and each version of 1Password is up-to-date. :)

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member

Also, I checked on the Mac to try and do it there and there's no options or references for folders anywhere. I must have done something wrong. Did I sign up for the wrong account type or something???

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member

I'm sorry everyone has to endure me figuring out what I'm the hell im doing. After some searching, I found an article that says Family accounts don't have folders. They only do tagging. The rep(?) gave good reasons as to why tagging is better, and I agree with them. If not having folders is a feature that is lacking from the Family accounts, then I would love to see folders added. However, if 1Password feels tagging is like folders 2.0 (is a better version of folders), then I'm all for it. I trust you guys.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with anything! Thank you!

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member

I would like to at least be able to edit tags in bulk or create from the organize tab.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@naeS1Sean: Thanks for checking out 1Password! I'm sorry for the confusion this has caused. Since it's a feature that interacts with a number of different things (items, vaults, accounts, etc.) it's difficult to find the right balance to make it intuitive.

I think the thing that's throwing you off (and, understandably so) is that the Edit option in the Organize tab is mainly for deleting tags. When viewing All Vaults, tags are across items in multiple vaults, so it isn't possible to edit them there, only viewing them. Switching to an individual vault will allow you to delete tags used there using Edit mode though.

You're also not seeing folders because those are part of local vaults only. 1Password Accounts of the subscription service (which it sounds like you're using) use tags instead. It's something we'll consider adding in the future, but tags are a lot more flexible so we've gone with those instead.

However, what it sounds like you're trying to do is not possible (yet?) in 1Password for iOS. You can add (or remove) tags from individual items, or you can remove a specific tag from all items in a specific vault (using the Edit option in the Organize tab). But you're right that it could be useful to be able to manage tags in more flexible ways. I can't say I've ever felt a need to do that on my iPhone, but I'd love that on my iPad.

Thanks for bringing this up. I hope that helps clarify things. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@brenty Great answer! Thank you very much for your help! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! I wish I had better news, but it certainly helps to know that you're not going crazy. ;)

Anyway, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions. Have a great weekend! :)

• naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@brenty Lol, yes it does! Thank you! You have a great weekend as well!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Will do! ;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.