Fogot my password of main basedata.

DavidFFF
DavidFFF
Community Member

Hello,I fogot my password of main basedata,and now I can't use synchronous data on iCloud. What's should I do? Can I establish a new basedata replace the old?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9.04
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:basedata

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DavidFFF: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password!

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you can start over by reinstalling 1Password from the App Store. Please let me know how it turns out!

• DavidFFF
    DavidFFF
    Community Member

@brenty ,Not the Master Password,I can enter 1Password in iPad and look the data I saved. But I can't transfer the data to iCloud because I forgot the Basedata Password. If I started over by reinstalling 1Password from the App Store,I would not download the data from iCloud.That would be terrible.

• DavidFFF
    DavidFFF
    Community Member

@brenty ,The picture in English.

• Hi @DavidFFF

I see. So the problem is that there is a vault already in iCloud that you do not have the password for. Is anyone else using this iCloud account, or are you the only user?

If you're the only user I'd recommend deleting this vault from iCloud so that you can sync your current vault there. To do so:

Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.
    It might take a moment to remove all the 1Password data from iCloud, but there will be a confirmation when it's done.

You only need to do this on one device. Once the data is removed, there is no need to remove it again.

Then you should be able to relaunch the app and set up iCloud syncing:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DavidFFF
    DavidFFF
    Community Member

@Ben Hello,I erased iCloud Data and sync new data with your way. Now it looks like normal. Strangely, this time it did't let me set something like Basedata Password. But anyway, thank you very much.
    And @brenty, thanks for your help,too.

• You're very welcome, @DavidFFF. The only password is the Master Password, which is the same one you use to unlock 1Password. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.