Do 1Password and Helper work independantly from one another ?

Options

I am using 1Password 4.6.1.616 on my 64 Bit Windows 7 Pro PC.

After opening the main 1Password located on my Task Bar, I find I need to use my Master Password again to open the Helper.
This is not required on my 1Password 4 on my Mac, as the helper also opens when opening the main 1Password software.

Is this a normal thing on the Windows version please ?

Also my mac is running ios 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. Is this why I am up to date with only 1Password 4 version ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do 1Password and Helper work independantly from one another ?

Comments

• OldDawg
    OldDawg
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to previous post: I am using Firefox on both computers as my preferred browser.

My PC is using:
    1Password Version: 4.6.1.616 (19)
    Extension Version: 4.6.1 (Modzilla Firefox)
    OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Cannot understand why 1Password 4 acts differently on both computers ?

Can someone please confirm this, or whether I have a problem with my PC ? Thanks.

• Hi @OldDawg,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 4 is slightly different from 1Password 6 on Mac as it has two separate programs that it needs to unlock at the same time. The next version of 1Password for Windows we're working on already resolves this by only using one process with multiple views.

Try this to see if it is better:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers.
    2. Check the box next to When unlocking the application, also unlock 1Password in the browser
    3. Press OK and then try again, see if it works better now.
  • OldDawg
    OldDawg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT,

That solved the problem in Windows for me. Helper is now opening too.

I am still using 1Password 4 in my MacBook Pro, as it will not recognize any higher update.
    I assume this is because I only have ios 10.8,5 and not 10.11 the current version.
    My Mac is old and says I am "up to date". I the old iOS version is why.

Thanks for the help.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @OldDawg,

Thanks for writing back and you're welcome.

Yes, 1Password 4 is the latest version for macOS 10.8 and 10.9. macOS 10.10/Yosemite and later is required to use 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.