Custom Section titles cannot be deleted (they reappear after clicking Save)

wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Hello,

Since we cannot rearrange sections or search their titles, it was suggested to me to not use the Section title naming and, instead, use a Section field for the section title. This way one can search for phrases that would normally (and should be!) in Section text.

So I started the time consuming task of moving all our Section text into a separate Section field named "Section" so our 1PT members can search for Section title contents.

What I realized when I began to take this step is I cannot delete the contents of the Section title afterward. I delete the Section title text and, after saving the record, the Section title text reappears.

I can't say enough good things about 1PT, but Section mechanics really need some love.

Mike

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-26 (650026)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox, 1PT

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

Hi @wagnerone,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problem you found with the Section titles! I was able to reproduce the same thing on my own Mac. I'll open a ticket to let our developers know about this.

Although a custom section title cannot be deleted, it looks like it can be changed to something else. But if you need to delete the custom section title entirely so it doesn't appear at all once you click Save, a workaround would be to move the fields in that section to a new custom section. Once the original custom section is empty, you can delete it. I know that's not as convenient as simply deleting the text from the section title, but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please let us know! :)

ref: OPM-4504

This discussion has been closed.