Why are the columns on my window mis-sized?

dwoodardlehman
dwoodardlehman
Community Member

I recently upgraded to Sierra. Now when I open 1Password, my columns (categories sidebar, items in selected category, and selected item) are mis-sized. The item column is huge. The sidebar is 1/4 inch. And the items column is one inch. More, the words in the sidebar go over the icons. I've resized and restarted several times. But my restoring the columns to their desired configuration doesn't stick.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OSX 10.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Misdisplayed window

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwoodardlehman,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password on Sierra! I notice you said you're using 1Password 4, which might be the problem. That's an old version which was last updated over 2 years ago, when OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) was still the current version of the Mac operating system. Apple has released 3 major new versions of their operating system since then, which have been supported in newer versions of 1Password.

1Password 6 for Mac is the latest version and includes support for Sierra. If you purchased 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac, 1Password 6 is a free upgrade for you. If you're using the AgileBits Store version, open the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates. Or if you have the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section. We have more information here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any trouble with 1Password 6 on Sierra, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• dwoodardlehman
    dwoodardlehman
    Community Member

Wow. I'm usually right on top of things with updates. And I tend to be an early adopter. Not sure how I got so far off with 1Password. Really, it's baffling. Even so, that did it. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that took care of the problem. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.