1Password not syncing after internet drops [1Password 6.3 will have a lot of improvements here]

Options
Raevmi
Raevmi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

Wondering if someone has the same problem as me.

When I'm on Windows and I add a new username and password (chrome extension or manualy) it's not synced to all my devices.
I need to close and restart 1Password application to get it synced.
Is it by default? Or can I change something to sync passwords after I add them?

1Password Version: 6.1.288d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.2
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: my.1password

Comments

• Raevmi
    Raevmi
    Community Member
    Options

Hmh I'm affraid it's not syncing at all. Just added new login to 1Password, restarted the application but the new login does not apper on my iPhone or on the my.1password.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Raevmi: I'm sorry for the trouble! Did you make changes to your account (password, type, key, etc.)? I wonder if it's unable to authenticate. Please let me know!

• Raevmi
    Raevmi
    Community Member
    Options

No I didn't change anything. Today upgraded to the latest beta version but it's still not syncing.
    The weirdest thing is that even if I add an new login on the website it's not synced between devices...

• Raevmi
    Raevmi
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

OK I removed the applications form the computers and iPhone. After reinstalling them everything is working again..

• Nuetz
    Nuetz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. My Windows App + Chrome Plugin doesn't sync new logins/password to my 1password account. I'm still in the trial period but if this essential functionality doesn't work the software is useless for me.
    I didn't change my 1password account or the passwd.

• Hi guys,

@Ravemi, that's great to hear but can you send us your 1Password diagnostics report from Event Viewer, it may give us archived data on what was wrong.

@nuetz, can you send us your 1Password diagnostic report, it may tell us what's wrong.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• Nuetz
    Nuetz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,
    thank you for your quick response. I've just sent the email.

• Hi @nuetz,

Thanks, we got the email and saw the potential issues you're having, we're taking a deeper look and will reply to your email ASAP.

ref: NGG-86561-294

• scottb82
    scottb82
    Community Member
    Options

I to have this same issue. 3 machines 1 x Windows 10, 1 x Windows Server 2012 R2 and 1 x MacOS. I have sent my logs of the Windows machines to the email address above.

• aslain
    aslain
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Four devices: two Windows laptops, an iPad, and an iPhone. None of them currently match.

• cdnnascarnut
    cdnnascarnut
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I made a bunch of changes on my iPhone for a families vault -- they are showing on the web, but not syncing to the Windows app. I restarted 1Password and it didn't make a difference.

I also added a password in the Windows app (for this website in fact!) and that is not syncing to the website or to my iPhone.

• dougden8
    dougden8
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It seems I can sink between my online account and my smartphone but I’m not able to sink either to my PC using my dropbox account.

• mpix
    mpix
    Community Member
    Options

Same here!

1Password installed on 2 PC and iPhone. If I add credentials from one PC often those credentials are not pushed on the server and thus not sync'd to the other devices. When I terminate and restart 1Password on the first PC, then the credentials are flushed and sync'd on the other devices as well

• mpix
    mpix
    Community Member
    Options

I think I sorta figured out what's happening. This started happening very recently (it was working before) and looks like it's happening only when I add new logins through the Chrome extension.

If I add the login from Chrome, it doesn't sync with the other devices, even after restarting 1password and whole PC.
    If I edit that login from the 1Password app (e.g. by changing the title), then it automatically sync with the other devices

What's going on? :sweat:

• don_mo
    don_mo
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Had this happen to me today when i switch to family account on mac but was still logged on in windows with my.1password.com account. Had to sign out and in with my new family account.

Edit: But now the newly created forum account through FF plugin in windows doesnt sync back to mac/ios.

Edit2: Hm, after editing the entry in the app it got synced.

• Hi guys,

First, thank you for reporting these issues. We do apologize for not responding sooner, we've been investigating these issues and we have fixed the issue related to what many of you saw; where if you make another change, it'd show up. This has been addressed in the latest beta build, 6.1.296d, that was just shipped an hour ago. One beta tester has already confirmed this update made everything up to date on all of his devices.

We are going to ship it as a stable update later today or tomorrow, depending on the testings. If you'd like to help us test it, please enable the beta updates via the main 1Password app's Settings > Options > Updates to enable the beta updates and let us know if it is working better.

@ffredrikk, your issue appears to be a separate one. If your credentials are invalid, 1Password cannot sync until you enter the right credentials, that's why you saw the red banner and it is supposed to take you to the sign-in page. Are you able to sign in to the same account on 1Password.com web app using Chrome or Firefox?

• mpix
    mpix
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MikeT,

I've just updated to the build 6.1.296 but the problem still exists. Just added a login credential from the Chrome extension and it didn't sync properly. Then I edited it from inside the App and it got sync'd immediately

• Hey @mpix,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you please tell us whether you rebooted your machine after the update?
    If this error persists after a reboot, can you please send us a diagnostics report from your machine?

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Thanks!

• mpix
    mpix
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I tried after reboot as well. E-mail sent

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mpix: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: JYV-13322-857

• Starmatrix
    Starmatrix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys & @brenty,

I'm also seeming to have sync issues. I'm running the newest beta 6.1.296. Today I've added a login via Chrome extension and so far after 15 mins it hasn't yet synced to the web portal, thus not syncing with my iphone. Have you figured anything out with @mpix yet that I might be able to benefit from? This is my first time noticing sync issues, I didn't see any problems in the past.

As an aside, I have the latest updates from Microsoft and the machine was restarted just a few hours ago. I've sent logs off to you.

• Hi @Starmatrix,

Thanks for writing in and sending us the log, I can use it to compare with mpix to see what's going on. Sadly, we have not been able to reproduce this just yet, there's something preventing the app from syncing most of the time after the auto-save process, the log shows it is to be intermittent.

We will certainly update this thread as soon as we figure this out. We're under a heavy support volume right now and we're behind a bit on our email replies but catching up as fast as we can.

• Hi @mpix and @Starmatrix,

Just an update, I've managed to reproduce it. It has to do with the main window being dismissed prior to the auto-save function.

We're looking into a fix and we're sorry about the wait.

• The good news is that we've found the cause and fixed it already in the latest internal builds. We will ship this fix in the next stable/beta update soon.

• TravisCannon
    TravisCannon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. What's the ETA on when the fix will be released?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TravisCannon: As soon as it's ready. And you're welcome to join the beta in 1Password Settings > Options > Update. Cheers! :)

• Starmatrix
    Starmatrix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update all on the private beta. It seems all is working well now. I haven't reset my computer, just updated to the newest version. All my logins are now synced and up to date on all my devices and I didn't do anything except open the newest private beta in the background.

Great job, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for following up! On behalf of Mike and the rest of the team, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well with the new beta, and we hope to have it out to everyone soon. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys. I'm new to 6.1.296. I encountered two different syncing issues:

1. I added an entry to 1Password for Families, it's on my Mac and my iPhone, but not on Windows. I read the discussions here, I think that's the same (I routinely keep my 1Password main window minimized), and
    2. I'm in the process of "moving" (on a Mac) from Dropbox to 1Password for Families. This involves going through my 1000+ entries, a letter at a time (all "A"s, all "B"s, etc), deciding which vault it belongs in for *Families, and moving those entries. That puts the entries in Dropbox in the trash. I then empty the trash on the Mac.

Well, for #2, even though the trash is emptied in Dropbox, 1Password for Windows 6.1.296 doesn't appear to see that. If I restrict my view to just Dropbox, the deleted entries are still there on Windows.

Both #1 and #2 were "fixed" by signing out of both 1Password for Families and Dropbox. Then I signed back in, and all was well (missing entries in #1 showed up, things deleted from Dropbox on Mac no longer showed up).

So my question is: I believe #1 is fixed (based on discussion on this thread). Is #2 fixed as well, or is that a different problem?

I can replicate this issue at will.

Thanks!

/Jeff

• Hi @jeffc,

Thanks for writing in.

First, please do not sign out to try to fix anything, this action will get rid of the entire account's data or local vault in your local 1Password database, meaning that any items that has not synced will be removed as well.

You are correct that the first one is fixed and it will be available soon as a public beta and then stable.

For the second one, 1Password 6 doesn't support automatic sync for the local vaults (Dropbox, OneDrive or folder), so you have to trigger the sync manually by going to the Accounts & Vaults > Dropbox > Vault submenu > Sync. This will be implemented properly when we add full support for local vaults in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.