I would like to know if i can store photos on the app so i can use it as "photo vault”

Options
dimitrios101
dimitrios101
Community Member

hello ,
i would like to know if i can store photos on the app so i can use it as "photo vault”
Thank you
Dimitrios

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hello , i would like to know if i can store photos on the app so i can use it as "photo vault” Thank you Dimitrios

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Given the limitations, 1GB for Standerd and 5GB for Pro accounts, I hope your images are small as there won't be much room for anything else.

• dimitrios101
    dimitrios101
    Community Member
    Options

thank for your answer , so its is possible and my photos with be encrypted right ? and how can i do it the the program can you please quide me ? thank you

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dimitrios101

I would like to know a bit more about how you're using 1Password so we can give you a more accurate answer :chuffed: You have different options, and I will go out on a limb and talk about 1Password 6 for Mac. You have a couple of different options to attach images. You can either add it as a document: File >New Item > Document will then prompt you to upload a file. You can also go to any item, for example a login or a credit card, click on edit and then by the bottom you'll see "Related Items" with a button to "Add new file". If you're using local vaults then you don't have the space limitation.

Please let us know if you try this stuff and how it all goes for you :chuffed:

• dimitrios101
    dimitrios101
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer @Pilar . i have on my mac 1Password 6
    Version 6.3.5 (635001) and on the iPhone and iPad the latest versions . there is no option form File >New Item > Document
    but i can add any file to any entry as an attachment . its not that practical but it will get the job done . Thank you for your help

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dimitrios101,

1Password was not designed to be used as a secure photo storage solution. While you may be able to make it work for that purpose, you may have a more difficult time of it than you would by using an app that was designed for that purpose.

It looks like you are using a standalone 1Password vault, rather than a 1Password.com account, so you won't have access to Documents. 1Password for iOS can create Documents within 1Password.com accounts, but it cannot add attachments to standalone vaults.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.