To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Does 1Password Account sync with app vaults?

Options
glrnet
glrnet
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Memberships

Hi, I have 4 devices all running the 1Password app, iMac, Macbook, iPad and iPhone. I have recently taken advantage of a 1Password Account trial and ahave some questions, forgive me if I've missed something but I'm old and stupid!! If I use the app version on any of these devices and make a change to any of my passwords will these changes made in the app version automatically sync or update to the web version of 1Password Account? If so how do I achieve this? IOS 10 on iPad and iPhone El Capitan on iMac, Sierra on MacBook, 1Password 6 on OS and most recently updated version on IOS. Many thanks G.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @glrnet! Thanks for taking the time to write in. :) You have it 100% correct, with your 1Password Account, any changes you make to your 1Password vaults connected to your account will immediately update across your other devices and on your 1Password.com account page as well. It looks like you already have the account setup on each device, so you shouldn’t have to do anything at this point, we’ll do the heavy lifting for you. Any items you items you edit or add to the Personal vault will update to your other devices but don’t take my word for it, give it a try on your end to confirm. :)

• glrnet
    glrnet
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you for answering so quickly. Does this mean that the 1Password Account is now in effect the "master" account, to be clear, if I make changes in any of the 4 apps this won't sync to the "master" but if Imake changes in the "master" it will sync to the 4 apps?

edit Clearly not!! I had 2 vaults showing on one device and not the other, all sorted now. Most impressed.

• Thanks for the follow-up message! Assuming you just have your 1Password Account connected to each of your devices, yes, any changes you make should update across the other. Just to quickly confirm, all vaults appear for you across all of your devices?

If there’s anything you’re a bit confused by, it may be best to have you submit some reports to us via email so we can quickly confirm everything is configured properly but let me know how things are looking on your end.

This discussion has been closed.