Changed plans, cannot see data from macOS into the Windows program

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password not syncing.

Comments

• ffredrikk
    ffredrikk
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Same here, added a new login from Chrome in Windows. Don't see it on my Mac. I'm on a family plan.

When I attempt to manually edit the login on the Windows machine, I'm seeing a red warning about needing to log back in. Clicking on it takes me to "Sign in to 1Password account" but I cannot log in there as it doesn't accept my credentials.

• ffredrikk
    ffredrikk
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@MikeT I partly solved it. I recently signed up for the family plan but my 1Password client on Windows still said it was using my.1password.com instead of the custom family domain. After having changed that I was allowed to log in (in the 1Password application on Windows 10).

However, I still don't see items being synced TO 1Password on Windows which were created on 1Password for OS X.

• ffredrikk
    ffredrikk
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - I had to change "my.1password.com" into the one which was assigned to our family. However, now all logins in 1Password on Windows have a jibberish title (looks like a hash) and no details are showing up when I select a login. it seems like something really broke here.

• Hi @ffredrikk,

I've split your posts into its own thread since your issue isn't the same as others.

First, can you sign in to your 1Password.com Families website using Chrome or Firefox, and let me know if you do see the data that you've added in the macOS version of 1Password? If it is not on the web site, then the Windows program wouldn't see it either.

• ffredrikk
    ffredrikk
    Community Member
    Options

Ah :) ok, makes sense.

First, can you sign in to your 1Password.com Families website using Chrome or Firefox, and let me know if you do see the data that you've added in the macOS version of 1Password?

Yes. I can see it when I log into the families website using Chrome.

I'm not sure if it's safe to attach a screenshot here of what the app looks like in Windows, but I can tell it looks very wrong.

• Hi @ffredrikk,

What you're seeing is the encrypted title of the item, it means 1Password cannot decrypt the content.

Try this to address your issue:

1. Terminate 1Password on your PC by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter %localappdata%\1Password in the address bar
    3. Rename the data folder to backup-data
    4. Open 1Password and sign into your 1Password Families account.

That should work now.

• ffredrikk
    ffredrikk
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT thanks, that fixed it all. Syncing is working, all good now. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.