To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am confused. I have the 1Password apps on iPad and phone but mostly use on Macbook. It says trial

superbiggi
superbiggi
Community Member

expired and links to a purchasing page for $65 but I have receipt for buying 1Password for iPad and I thought that would work for all devices. I also don't know what the new "account" sign in is, as you log into a website interface but it is empty and there are no options to import a vault or make changes but then there is also the 1Password app which I can open (it is 1Password 6 it says) but no options there to unlock the account.
Just a bit confused by all the different apps and sign ins and no way to unlock where it says "trial expired".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:confusing apps

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @superbiggi

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password. I can see the you have a 1Password account, you need to add it to your 1Password App in your Mac and other devices. You'll also need to move your data there: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

That should take care of the "Trial expired problem" :chuffed:

The pro features for iOS, in case you also got those, are only for iOS and do not include a license for the Mac App. You need to use your account as I mentioned above for that :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you have any other questions!

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

I added the account to the 1Password app. I am not sure what I need to migrate ... so far, the vault has been stored and synced automatically (until the "trial expired" note on the macbook). I believe it is being saved to and synced with Dropbox. How do I set that up to continue to sync that way?

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

Also there is now a "Personal" and "Primary" vault. I am not sure what to do about this. I just want one vault, don't care what it is called, that has all my logins and gets synced with Macbook, iPad and iPhone.

• @superbiggi Sorry for the confusion. Pilar suggested using an account so you don't have to pay for the Mac app. Before we continue I want to confirm something: Have you already purchased 1Password for Mac or were you only using 1Password on your iPad before? If you haven't purchased 1Password for Mac, an account is the best way to use 1Password across your devices because it gives you all the apps with a simple subscription.

The vault you have that is synced across your devices is probably synced with Dropbox right now. To use your account, you need to move the contents of that vault to your account. It will sync everything for you. Did you follow the steps in the article Pilar mentioned? The last one is to remove your Primary vault after you have moved its contents to your account. Then you should be all set! Let us know how it goes. :)

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

Hi there
    I was using 1Password apps on the iPad and iPhone but also (mostly) on the Macbook. It had worked for a long time and then when I replaced my laptop after it was stolen, it started saying "trial expired" in the 1Password extension in Chrome.
    Yes the vault is synced with Dropbox. It used to sync from the Macbook 1Password interface across all apps as well.
    I set up the account but can't figure out how to move the contents into the account. And it seemed scary to fully delete the vault???

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

Okay I moved the contents.
    I tried to test by changing a password in the 1Password mini extension in Chrome but it does not sync with the account (and I assume not with iPad and iPhone).
    Please tell me exactly what I need to do so that all apps are synced.

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

Okay, sorry about all the messages. I got the macbook to sync to the 1Password account now after making a change through the browser extension (1Password mini). I added the account to both the iPad and iPhone 1Password app. I turned off the "Primary" vault so that I don't have double the entries showing. How can I delete the Primary vault from the iPad and iPhone apps?
    By using the account, is the data still synced through Dropbox or just through the account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@superbiggi: No worries! We'll get this sorted out for you.

First and foremost, make sure you migrate your data to your 1Password Account. This is completely separate from any local vaults you sync with Dropbox. So you'll need to login to your 1Password Account in the app and then move your data from the Primary vault to the Personal vault which is part of your new account:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

Once you've got all of your data in your 1Password Account (please be sure to confirm this by logging into 1Password.com to view it), you can delete the 1Password app from your iOS devices. This will remove the Primary vault and all of its contents, so be sure you get your data out of there first. Then simply reinstall the app and login to your 1Password Account (which you've moved all of your data to already) and you'll be all set.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• superbiggi
    superbiggi
    Community Member

I think I got it now. No more vaults in apps, only the Personal vault in the account (apps only show the Personal one). So I assume there is no more syncing with Dropbox from the iPad and iPhone apps, it just syncs with the new account (online). Can I delete those keychain files in Dropbox that were synced before?
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@superbiggi: You got it! So long as you have all of your data in your 1Password Account (Personal vault or otherwise), it's safe to delete the local vaults in Dropbox. However, I'd encourage you to simply move them out of Dropbox or zip them up. No need to be hasty deleting things unless you're certain you're finished with them. :)

This discussion has been closed.