Syncing between iMac, iPhone, and iPad total numbers don't update [known issue in 1Password for iOS]

Options
jhk
jhk
Community Member
edited November 2016 in iOS

I added a new website to my logins on the iMac. When I synced to the phone and iPad, the total number of entries (as shown on the Categories screen) remained as before on the IOS devices, despite the new login appearing in the lists. The number of logins did not go up by one, even though they had on the iMac after the new one was added. Strangely, the total item number shown in the WLAN primary vault screen on the IOS devices matches the total on the computer, although it is one less on the categories screen- as is the Logins total.
I am using the latest IOS versions and 6.5 Beta 28 on the iMac under El Capitan.

1Password Version: 6.5 beta28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm. It updated to the correct numbers on the IOS versions when I shut them down completely, and then reopened them. I don't remember these behaving like this before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! That's really odd. We had another report recently that there was a brief discrepancy in the item counts. If the problem returns, please let us know!

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi. Have made a few extra entries recently. As before, when I sync from the computer to the IOS devices, the items do sync, but the totals do not increment till I restart the IOS 1Password app. Now on 1PW 6.5.1 and 6.4.5 on the IOS devices.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome back, @jhk.

There is indeed a known issue with item counts in 1Password for iOS not automatically refreshing when they should. So I've moved this discussion over to the iOS category from Mac Beta since we can't blame it on 1Password for Mac. :)

You've already discovered and been using one workaround of restarting the app that forces them to update. And if you have multiple vaults, you can also do it by switching to a different vault and back to the original one. Tap the vault icon in the upper left corner, then select a vault to switch to.

Of course these are workarounds until a solution is available once our developers have squashed this bug and release an app update. Sorry for the inconvenience of having to do it manually for now.

ref: OPI-884

This discussion has been closed.