Icons not showing up in 1Password 6 for Windows [Rich Icons are not yet implemented in 1Password 6]

Options
NeilATL
NeilATL
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I an using the 30-day free trial of 1Password online. I am able to view all of my icons when I login to my.1password.com, but when I launch the Windows app of 1Password v6.1.296d, my icons are not showing up. I only see the "lock" icon next to each 1Password entry, I do not see the menu options that I once had when running the Windows Standalone version (v4.XX) and so I don't see any option to select "use/dl rich icons." Please advise. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password (online)
Referrer: forum-search:Icons not syncing

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NeilATL: I'm sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not yet have Rich Icons. It was added previously, but had some performance and stability issues, so we're working on resolving those before it's brought back. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• NeilATL
    NeilATL
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brenty. It's good to know that I wasn't doing something incorrectly! I look forward to seeing the evolution 1Password online. Thank you again for your time.

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6 for Windows is a downgrade from 1Password 4. Loss of functionality with attachments, and no rich icons. I don't see any reason to pay monthly when 1Password 4 is a more complete and stable product.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's great to hear that 1Password 4 has an important place in your workflow too. Cheers! :)

• shane_wyatt
    shane_wyatt
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with Jables - major disappointment to have "upgraded" to a monthly fee and now find out that this new product (6.5) doesn't work nearly as well the version 4 (that I bought 2.5 years ago) did.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shane_wyatt: Thank you for weighing in! :+1:

1Password 6 for Windows is relatively young app, which we are building from the ground up. It is roughly 9 months old, so it is not completely fair to compare it with 1Password 4, which has several years of development behind its back.

We are working really hard to improve 1Password 6 every day. It already has some features that were never available in 1Password 4, for example, Native Messaging. It will be getting better, so please stay tuned for future updates and share your feedback with us. Feedback is one of the most important things we can gather to improve 1Password, so it would mean a lot if you had some to share.

Thank you very much!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.