Can't edit web form details in 1Password 6

Options
zfil
zfil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi

1Password 4 allows to edit web form fields, this is great as sometimes some tweaking is needed.
However I can't see that anymore in version 6 ...

I hope this is coming back (BTW I'm really disapointed by the lack of features of v6 and the huge interface, the lack of the main view as it exists before)

Philippe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Philippe, this is coming to 1Password 6. :+1: As I mentioned in other threads, this is a new app and not built on top of 1Password 4. Everything you see is being built from scratch and fresh so I hope you can appreciate the amount of work required in making everything you don't get to see but expect to be there to be done properly. As for things you do, like the interface and editing web form details, these are on our roadmap. :chuffed: There are a number of features which are not available in 1Password 6 for Windows, yet - but they will be and we're super grateful for users patience whilst we create them all. The interface is going through constant refinement and we are adopting an inclusive design which is something Microsoft insists from developers now, and we're fully on board with them. What I mean by inclusive design is providing software which can be used by anyone, so two simple examples are being able to touch the interface with finger/pen or have the normal mouse control ability. We will refining this all the time though.

• zfil
    zfil
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi Benji

Thanks for all your answers :) maybe a cool think will be to list all the limitations and known defects that are working on (btw is there a bug tracker instead of spaming the forum) ?

Otherwise about this inclusive design stuff, if you could provide way for the users to customize their fonts, and the ui size that will be great. Honestly I don't care about microsoft current awful design, all their new ui apps are imho the perfect example of what must not be done. Lot of lost space and poor ux.

Cheers
    Philippe

• Doodler_Benji
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hey Philippe, thanks for replying so quickly. The forum is actually a great place for us to keep track of what people are asking for and allows us to directly keep in touch with those who have. As for a list of limitations, this is something grows everyday, not because there are things missing from other versions (this list goes down each day) but because the list grows as we find new areas we would like to include which have not been included before in our other versions. So, please don't hold back from posting lots, we love hearing from you!!

It is very unlikely we will be offering font options inside of 1Password and sizing of the UI beyond column widths and resizing of panels which are both on our internal list of priorities. We will continue to respect the users global system settings to give them an expected experience without surprises or hold ups - or at least thats what we are aiming for every day. Sadly I cannot agree about it being the perfect example of what not to do, they are allowing a lot more users who need accessibility features to be included and for those who have touch displays to make the most. Instead of repeating what I had said recently with another awesome 1Password user, please have a read of our conversation over here. I'm not saying what we have is by any means a perfect example, there are no perfect examples out there. Every designer and developer who creates software are doing so to make things better for those who use it, we learn from each other and support each other to make a better platform. If you have some time, Microsoft have a very inspiring site for showing their vision, take a look: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/design

We are, as @MikeT mentions in the thread I've linked to, we're starting off with a basic design and iterating over time. This will fill in some of the gaps you're feeling and the interface will tighten up as we do.

Thanks Philippe :chuffed:

Benji

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bernfrin: Well, a lot of the features requested over these past months which were previously missing entirely have since been added...but I appreciate that it's easy to overlook that when a particular feature you've been waiting for hasn't yet made an appearance. I don't recall anyone saying "more frequent updates", but we're definitely continuing with more updates in general (as opposed to saying, "Well: stable; we're finished!")

We've been releasing a new stable version every 1.5 weeks since the first one, and my personal favourite new feature is Credit Card and Identity filling. We've also added support for Documents, multiple sync accounts and error handling, and window management...but admittedly those are less exciting. Is there a specific feature you're waiting for? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I know you are a stickler for customers to quote word for word - I won't waste my time looking for the exact quote, but we were told that updates would be more frequent than they had been for awhile. You really do need to review the posts more often as you seem to like trying to make me look like I don't know what I am talking about.

@Bernfrin: That wasn't my intention at all. I just know I haven't said that, and I don't know of anyone else who has either. But if we've got someone going around giving inaccurate information or making promises we can't keep, even by mistake, that's very much something we'd need to address. Be sure to let us know if that's the case!

My personal favorite that I am waiting for is the ability to add custom fields. Bottom line though, just like we got tired of hearing "we're building a new app from the ground up" constantly, now we are getting tired of hearing it's on a our list but we're not there yet, or it's high on our list but we can't tell you when it will be added.

Custom fields! Yes! And I'd say advanced item editing in general. But unfortunately the answer I have to give is that while we're really anxious for that ourselves, I don't have a time frame for you. We're working on it, but the difficulty in answering these kinds of questions is that when Feature X is imminent, you'll already know because it will be in the beta at the very least, and people will be talking about it. Until something is actually usable it is, by definition, very much just "something we're working on".

Not long ago, the new 1Password Windows desktop app didn't support saving or filling of any kind (and pretty much everything else that we take for granted today), so we've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time. But yeah...when you're waiting for a specific feature that we haven't yet added, it's not much fun at all. :(

• TMT
    TMT
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1Password 6 for Windows as well and was excited to see the ability to add multiple web addresses. That is a unique but powerful feature. Extremely valuable if the development and production environment are on different servers. It actually made me switch back to 1Password.

However, the one critical (still missing) feature that made me move away from 1Password eventually was the lack of editable web form fields. It is very good to hear that it's coming in one of the next few releases and I am really looking forward to it. That would make 1Password the only password manager that has all the features I need.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@TMT: All of this advanced editing is very much a power user feature, but we sure get a lot of use out of, don't we? Probably enough to more than make up for the folks who never bother looking in there! Glad we've got a much better editor now, and looking forward to web form data and other improvements there too! :)

• mjkmjkmjk
    mjkmjkmjk
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Duplicating existing logins and modifying the web form details is one of my most common use cases for 1Password. It hurt a bit to learn I couldn't do either after completing the migration and getting rid of 1Password 4.

Needless to say, being able to duplicate an existing login and modify web form details is going to be a huge win when it gets here! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mjkmjkmjk: Hopefully you won't have wait long. We've got a big update in the works (already available in the latest beta). Web form details are in, but I think you'll find that there's a lot more to be excited about. ;)

• flobernd
    flobernd
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I'm using the latest beta version and the web form details are editable now, but there is no way to manually add or remove fields. Can you please bring back this feature as well? :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @fobernd,

Yep, it is coming in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.