Touch id is missing when launching 1 password

Options
meepo123
meepo123
Community Member

I recently disabled my touch id on the iphone settings because it had given me issues. I re-enabled the touch I.D setting immediately after the problem was solved.

Now i tried to open 1 password app but the touch i.d option has disappeared on the app and i cant seem to remember my master password so therefore i cant go into the the app security setting to re-enable touch i.d settings. Is there any other way to fix this problem ??

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @meepo123,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Your 1Password data is encrypted using your Master Password. The only way to decrypt it is with the Master Password. If you've forgotten your password please see this guide:

Change or recover your Master Password

Thanks!

Ben

• jburrow
    jburrow
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue, except I know my master password. I turned TouchID off and then changed my master password. I have tried closing the app down and re-logging in with my master password, but when I go to the security settings there is no option to use TouchID. There is only an option to set a PIN. I set a PIN yet there is no option to enable TouchID. I removed the PIN, still no option to enable TouchID. I have successfully logged into and out of the app using my new master password at least a dozen times, but still no option to enable TouchID. Is there some step I missed?

• jburrow
    jburrow
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. Figured it out.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @jburrow. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.