To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't see sync with dropbox option?

Hi Y'all

I'm unable to see the Sync with dropbox option on my computer. Here is what has happened so far.

• I installed and used a vault on the 1password Mac app, and Synced it with Dropbox, but never signed up for a 1password account.
  • I signed up to a 1password account now (my old laptop computer broke).
  • I login to the 1password app on my new Mac, but I can't see a "Sync" tab under "Preferences".
  • I can only see the tabs: "General, Security, Accounts, Watchtower, All Vaults, Browsers, Updates"

I searched for articles online, but they all mention seeing a "Sync" tab

Any help would be appreciated

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

No, with an account syncing is automatic and the user does not have to do anything.

Roughly, everything syncs with the database on 1password.com.

The "Personal" vault id the new one, associated with the account. The "Primary" vault is the old one, based on the licenced version. You may need to move (or copy, if you prefer) the entries from the Primary Vault to the Personal one.

• Hi @A_1password_user! I'm sorry for the confusion. As danco mentioned, 1Password accounts sync automatically with the 1Password server. Since you signed in to your account, the Sync tab isn't available because your account does that in the background. If you'd like to use your account, I'd recommend moving your existing data to it from your old computer or from Dropbox, then your new Mac will get that automatically. I'm happy to help with that, but before I do I want to make sure you understand what an account is.

If you purchased 1Password before, an account is separate from what you already have. It's a paid subscription, and includes automatic sync, all the 1Password apps, and lots of other cool features. You're welcome to use one, but I just want to make sure you know it's an additional fee if you already paid.

If that sounds good, do you still have your old computer? The easiest thing to do is migrate your data from there:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you don't have it, let us know and we'll help you sync your Dropbox data to your computer then move it to your account. Hope this helps for now. :)

This discussion has been closed.