1password6 for windows (folders and registration)

Options
Qutrit
Qutrit
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi everyone,

I have just installed version 6 for Windows (from using V4 for a long time) and I can't find the folders of my dropbox vault. Is there any way to activate that option so that it shows my folders? I need that for organization purposes and all my other apps (IoS and mac) have taht feature, as well as the old V4.

Also, How do I register the app? I have the license in my vault but I can't find an option to register it.

Finally, I can't see any of the icons that I had for my different items and that I can see in all the other platforms, and the edit button on the top right corner doesn't seem to do anything I can't edit the items of my vault)

My apologies if this has been answered before, I couldn't find any similar questions in the forum :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Qutrit
    Qutrit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Thanks for the answer. Does that mean that folders will no longer be supported? though it is a supported feature in all the other (non-windows) platforms. I would personally see the lose of the options to have folders as an important downgrade. I guess I could get used to the new way of organization, but do you know if there are any reasons to discontinue the folders?

And...What about the other questions? I am unable to edit any item on my dropbox vault. The edit button on the right corner of the window does not work. Also, Don't I need to register the app? put my license somewhere? if so, how? and what about personalized icons? I can see none in my dopbox vault. I hope someone from agilebits can reply. As it stands right now according to m,y user experience version 6 for windows is a big downgrade with respect to version 4... why is it not comparable to other platforms such as OSX?

• Hi @Qutrit,

Thanks for writing in.

We do apologize for the confusion but 1Password 6 is not yet a replacement or an upgrade to 1Password 4 if you're only using local vaults (AgileKeychain/OPVault). 1Password 6 can read local vaults right now but it cannot modify these vaults or create new local vaults. For now, you should stick with 1Password 4 until we update 1Password 6 with enough features to replace 1Password 4 for local vault users.

At the moment, 1Password 6 is for folks who want to switch to 1Password.com subscription service. We're rolling out 1Password 6 in stages, the initial stage is for 1Password.com customers with a limited feature set and over time, we'll add more features to complete the app for both 1Password.com and local vault users. On the way there, we'll start adding licensing support and release 1Password 6 as an upgrade for 1Password 4.

I can't find the folders of my dropbox vault. Is there any way to activate that option so that it shows my folders? I need that for organization purposes and all my other apps (IoS and mac) have taht feature, as well as the old V4.

We have not yet implemented the ability to show you the folders as tags for the local vaults. This will be added in a future update but we don't have a timeframe on this.

Also, How do I register the app? I have the license in my vault but I can't find an option to register it.

As 1Password 6 is mostly for 1Password.com customers, there is no need to license it. Once we add full support for local vaults, we'll add licensing as well.

Finally, I can't see any of the icons that I had for my different items and that I can see in all the other platforms, and the edit button on the top right corner doesn't seem to do anything I can't edit the items of my vault)

There is no Rich Icons support yet in 1Password 6 and 1Password 6 does not support writing to local vaults.

For now, you'll have to stay with 1Password 4.

do you know if there are any reasons to discontinue the folders?

We've replaced folders with tags because there was confusion on the differences between folders and tags, so we've replaced folders as tags for 1Password.com accounts to maintain one organization system.

• Qutrit
    Qutrit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,

Thank you for the reply. It is extremely informative! I got confused and thought that V6 was indeed a replacement version for V4 at this stage. I will keep an eye open for future developments.

• Hi @Qutrit,

You're welcome. If you have any question or if there's anything we can help you with, please let us know.

• TiRohn
    TiRohn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

Excellent answer, thank you, I was just wondering whether or not I should replace my V4 client. Is there any time line known for a real replacement of V4?
    Also, is there anything on the horizon for the new Edge Browser?

Thank you and regards
    TiRohn

• Hi @TiRohn,

Excellent answer, thank you, I was just wondering whether or not I should replace my V4 client. Is there any time line known for a real replacement of V4?

If you're only using local vaults, there is no replacement right now and there is no timeframe. We will announce the update everywhere as soon as we're done.

Also, is there anything on the horizon for the new Edge Browser?

This is entirely dependent on Microsoft, they're working on implementing the rest of the APIs that we need to complete our 1Password extension but for now, there's no timeframe on when they'll be done.

This discussion has been closed.