Backslash still an issue?

Options
lurch104
lurch104
Community Member
edited November 2016 in iOS

Hello using IOS 10.1.1 on an iPhone 7+. Backslash on the keyboard seems to be a bug. Had to hard reset and relaunch to find it. Saw this was a problem in previous builds and it appears to be back. Unfortunately I cannot log on to our exchange server without this basic functionality.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.1.1
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lurch104,

Thanks for taking the time to report this difficulty. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure that I follow. Could you please explain what the difficulty is?

Ben

• lurch104
    lurch104
    Community Member
    Options

Simple. The backslash key on the keyboard is not there. I read old support documents suggesting this was a bug in previous revisions. It took a hard reboot for the "\" key to show up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lurch104: I'm a bit confused as well. You've posted in the 1Password for iOS category of the forums and mentioned specifically that you're using an iPhone 7 Plus and version 6.4.5...but I'm not certain if you're trying to use a keyboard shortcut like the desktop version of 1Password, or if you're simply having trouble finding the \ key on the onscreen keyboard.

If the former, isn't possible for the mobile app to fill logins using a keyboard shortcut; in the case of the latter, 1Password doesn't manage the onscreen keyboard: iOS does, so you'll need to contact Apple if it isn't working correctly. I'd try tapping / and holding it though, or 123 and then #+=. That seems to work for me. Alternatively, if you're using a 3rd party keyboard, try switching back to Apple's default. I hope this helps! :)

• jhayhurst
    jhayhurst
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this problem in iOS. It seems to only occur when I use the share sheet in Chrome to open 1P. When I try to enter the username, the keyboard is missing the backslash.

If I create a new entry directly in 1P there's no problem.

• rudy
    Options

@jhayhurst,

This sounds like possibly the username field on the particular web page you're going to might be declaring itself as specifically for an email address. I believe in that scenario the OS gives you a slightly different keyboard than the normal one. You should be able to see this by the space bar having @ and . buttons to the right of it. if you tap the 123 button and then the #+= button you should get a keyboard that shows a / key in the top row, if you then press and hold it should pop-up a selector that lets you pick \.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.