To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Please tell me how to unfreeze my Mac app. I have a license and I can't.

raulanton
raulanton
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Memberships

HIi!
First signed for an account (it seems in Mac) and with EMAIL#1. Then purchased 10 licenses for EMAIL#2. I have the application in Windows, that's correct, and run.

But I can't use Mac app as it is always saying the account is frozen even if I have tried adding the license file (.onepassword-license), and although I get a confirmation message saying "Thank you for supporting 1Password!" the app is still saying that my account it frozen.

So, I understand I first used a free trial of the subscription in my Mac and it was frozen. That's ok. But Why can't I now use my licenses?

I can assure you this is very frustrating.

What could I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• raulanton
    raulanton
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

HI Ben. I have the same issue, but I purchased 10 licenses and I want to use a license instead of a subscription.

First signed for an account (it seems in Mac) and with EMAIL#1. Then purchased 10 licenses for EMAIL#2. I have the application in Windows, that's correct, and run.

But I can't use Mac app as it is always saying the account is frozen even if I have tried adding the license file (.onepassword-license), and although I get a confirmation message saying "Thank you for supporting 1Password!" the app is still saying that my account it frozen.

I can assure you this is very frustrating.

What could I do?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @raulanton

I'm going to split your comment because your issue is quite different than the one originally posted, I hope you don't mind :chuffed:

I think there's been some confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. You can take a look at the differences here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

You want to use local vaults and not an account, therefore you'll have to migrate your data into a local vault. For this, you should go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". You should then follow the steps here to move your data into local vaults. Note that you will have to move your items from your Personal vault into your Primary. You can then remove your account and because you've activated your license you'll be able to keep on using 1Password. You will also need to manually set up some syncing method, as automatic sync is only a feature of 1Password Accounts. I think Dropbox will do the trick for you: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know if you have any questions and how all this goes for you :chuffed:

• raulanton
    raulanton
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

HI Pilar.

I deleted my account and fully uninstalled the app in Mac, then reinstalled and it's working. Sounds good or should I have problems in the future?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@raulanton: Thanks for the update! If you set it up "without an account" and you have all of your data in the Primary vault in 1Password for Mac, you should be all set. But don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.