unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection

Options

Can't log in to my newly created account with the latest win10 app.
The only error message I get is "unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection".
But the internet is working very well. I've no proxy server or any VPN connection.
How could I trouble shoot this problem?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @twenzel,

Sorry for the troubles! Let's deal with them. :)

I found your Individual account on our side, so if you are able to sign in to your account at 1Password.com, you should be able to do it with 1Password 6 for Windows. Could you please elaborate, are you using my.1password.com as an URL there? If yes, there must be something else going on here.

In order to troubleshoot it, please send us a message to support@agilebits.com. Don't post any private information here, but do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the message and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

• twenzel
    twenzel
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID:# DBB-15254-995

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@twenzel: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: DBB-15254-995

• raymondstong
    raymondstong
    Community Member
    Options

Seems I have a similar problem. I recently had to recover my windows 10 install and as a result had to reinstall 1password. After entering the correct, Sign-in Address, email, secret key and master password, I get the message " Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection. Note, I was getting a similar message when trying to install on my android phone as well.

Ray

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raymondstong,

Thank you for reporting this!

Do you happen to use VPN/proxy on your side? Please let us know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• raymondstong
    raymondstong
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks for your quick reply. I am not using VPN/Proxy.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hello @raymondstong,

I've just sent you an email, please check your inbox. Let's try to troubleshoot this issue via email. Thanks!

ref: JCS-18271-181

• EnriqueM
    EnriqueM
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, it seems I'm having the same problem when i try to sign in my laptop (windows 7). Any idea about what to do?

FYI, Im not using a VPN/proxy.

Many thanks in advance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EnriqueM: Are you able to sign in to your account at 1Password.com in your web browser?Make sure you use the exact same email, Sign In Address, Secret Key, and Master Password in the app as well — especially if you've changed any of these. Let me know what you find!

• pinguin_0815
    pinguin_0815
    Community Member
    Options

Hello support,

looks like I have a similar problem like mentioned above.
    I received a new notebook (microsoft surface, windows 10) and not able to configure 1password app.
    I was able to logon with firefox to my own account, download the app and to get it installed.
    All the account data was added to the app. As I added my Master Password and pressed Sign In I received only the above mentioned error message.

Everything is working fine with my previous notebook (win 8.1) at the same network configuration (no VPN, no proxy).
    Any help is welcome to get it working again :)

Best regards
    Holger

• @pinguin_0815: Any anti-virus or firewall software on this PC?

• pinguin_0815
    pinguin_0815
    Community Member
    Options

yes, as it is a windows system I have both installed and working. But that wasn't the issue. After I changed from office to home network the connection problem with the 1password app was solved.
    Quite strange that it was working with windows 8.1 but not with windows 10 within the same network and same tools installed on both computers.

• @pinguin_0815: If this is a notebook provided by your employer, is it possible they configured your network settings on the new PC differently? This certainly sounds like either a network or firewall settings preventing 1Password from accessing the servers, but without more details about your network configuration (which I fully understand you may be unable to share), it's hard for us to advise on what changes may help. :frown:

• pinguin_0815
    pinguin_0815
    Community Member
    Options

currently everything is working fine :) In case I have any issue next week in the office again I will come back. So far thanks a lot for the really fast response :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• liuf
    liuf
    Community Member
    Options

Me too have the same problem. I run 1Password 6 on Windows 10 in Parallel Desktop. The network works perfect. I got this error message no matter I have Shadowsocks running or not.

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@liuf

It could be that Shadowsocks is tampering with your encrypted connection and replacing the secure 1Password TLS certificate with their own. If so, then 1Password will refuse to connect because it could compromise your data (albeit it'd still be in encrypted form).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@liuf: It sounds like Shadowsocks is indeed the one to blame here. Are you able to sign in to your account at 1Password.com in the browser? You can also try to add your proxy credentials in 1Password > Settings > Advanced, if you have them.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• liuf
    liuf
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg No I don't think Shadowsocks is the problem. I've tried to turn it off last night but the result was the same. I finally success to login 1Password 6 right after I registered an account of this forum. I suppose this is a coincidence since login to 1Password account shouldn't be matter with this forum. I suggest it's a server stable problem?

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@liuf

Your forum account and 1Password account are separate. Just as a note: don't use your master password for your forum account (or anywhere else for that matter).

There's nothing wrong with the servers - you're welcome to take a look at the metrics.

https://1password.statuspage.io

I'm pleased to hear it's all sorted now - and, even if there ever is a problem with the servers, your data is cached (encrypted) locally on every device you've ever logged into (if you're using the app).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@liuf: There were no recorded outages at the time, so I am not sure what happened. Good news that the issue has resolved itself. :)

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, as we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It could be that Shadowsocks is tampering with your encrypted connection and replacing the secure 1Password TLS certificate with their own. If so, then 1Password will refuse to connect because it could compromise your data (albeit it'd still be in encrypted form).

@darrenNZ: This is a good point you raise, and I wanted to also mention that while the integrity of the data is paramount, we also want to ensure that the connection is end-to-end encrypted so that someone in the middle cannot send you a fake version of the website to give you something malicious while posing as us.

This discussion has been closed.