Can't sync 2 iPhones with 1Password anymore. Help

Options
Toolmaker85
Toolmaker85
Community Member

Had 1Password Pro version working for a year or so with 2 iPhone 6's for my wife and I. We upgraded to 7 and now it is like we both have 2 separate 1password accounts. I have tried deleting the apps and starting over. I have tried opening a dropbox and syncing to that. I even tried opening the family account on the web and sharing. That problem with the family web I can't figure out how to get my iPhone vaults to the mac. I'm not going to type everything in manually when you have several hundred passwords.

I had been syncing with iCloud. On my wife app I am using the exact same logins to open the same account! Yet hers will show a different amount of entries plus she doesn't get the updates and visa versa. Getting frustrated. There is nothing clear cut for instructions, no one to call and support.

So, How do I easily share between the 2 iPhones?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: 645001
OS Version: 10.1.1
Sync Type: iglood

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Toolmaker85

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

A 1Password Families account is certainly the easiest way to make sure everyone has the access to the data they need from all of their devices, but that requires an additional expense, and so I'd like to see if we can get you back on track without you having to go down that route. If you ultimately decide you'd prefer the convenience of 1Password Families we can certainly help with that, but I feel at this point we may just muddy the waters by throwing another wrench in the works.

I will say though that iCloud is not designed to share data between two or more people. It is very much designed to be a system where each person has their own account, and it does not have data sharing features built in. Dropbox would be a much more appropriate storage/sync solution if you want to share a vault with your wife.

In any event, to help us help you get back on track I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your iPhone 7s:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.