Small bug in Chrome extension -> Settings -> Open 1Password (Does nothing)

Starmatrix
Starmatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi guys,

Just a small bug at least IMHO. Title pretty much says it all, choosing Open 1Password just seems to refocus on the Chrome extension/1Password mini. Also the Options selection under the Settings also doesn't do anything. Just FYI.

1Password Version: 6.1.298d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Win 10 Anni
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@Starmatrix: I'm really sorry for the confusion there! This is pretty strange currently and we need to improve how it works, and this isn't specific to Chrome: "Open 1Password" will open the 1Password window if it is currently closed. But obviously when you select that, you're just trying to get to 1Password and don't care about whether it's behind another window or is minimized. It needs to be more consistent to be useful. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: OPW6-731

• Starmatrix
    Starmatrix
    Community Member

Hey, things are coming along nicely. Keep up the good work. However I got another bug for ya. It's related to the original Chrome extension bug above, so I'm posting it here.

If the 1Password window is currently closed and you go to the 1Password extension, choose the Gear, then choose "Open 1Password", it opens. However, in the main 1Password window, if you then choose the Gear and choose Options, it won't open.

The reverse is true as well. If you choose Options in the extension with the main 1Password window closed, it will open the main 1Password window and show you the Options screen. However, it won't let you leave that screen by clicking the "Back" button and go to the main part of the 1Password app.

My guess is that the call from the extension to show a certain window in the 1Password app has very specific variables set to show what is requested from the extension, but it locks in and doesn't allow the user to change the view after it's completed.

Just thought I'd add it to the pile! :)

• Hi @Starmatrix,

Thanks for updating us with a new bug report. That's a known regression issue and will be fixed soon.

We're currently changing how 1Password handles its view, so that when you make changes, you're not suddenly taken to the All Vaults view, 1Password should return you to the previous view you were in. For an example, if you're looking at an item and 1Password auto-locked, unlocking should return you to that same item, not refreshing to the All Vaults all the time. Going to Settings > Options and backing out should return you to the previous view you were in, not All Vaults.

The issues you're seeing are the side effect of the ongoing changes we're making, we're still working on this but hope to have it completely done soon. We have your issues on our list to check when we test these changes.

Again, thank you!

ref: OPW6-742

This discussion has been closed.