no option for CreditCard Fill in - Chrome addin - PW's are fine

Bones
Bones
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am not getting an option to do CreditCard Fill in via Chrome addin - Web page PW work fine
1Password 6.1.296d
Used to work fine in 1PWd 4 - since update to 6 - seems to not have menue items for this in mine
have seen the videos of how it SHOULD work

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.296d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Uptodate
Sync Type: was DropBox - now 1Pwd
Referrer: forum-search:1password6 cant fill in credit cards

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bones: I'm sorry for the confusion! Currently the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not have separate category listings in the browser, but if you search for a credit card and click it, you can fill that way. We'll be expanding the features there in future updates. Thanks for bringing this up!

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty - i was certain i had tried that - but i have repeated a search that has worked as you described
    All good - thank

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty you're welcome @Bones!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bones: Just to clarify so you don't think you're losing your mind, this feature was added not too long ago — on October 27th — so if you'd been trying to fill Credit Card or Identity items before then, it wouldn't have worked. Sorry if that threw you off. :)

• Bones
    Bones
    Community Member

All good - still not sure about my mind - but the software seems to be behaving - thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! I didn't mean to imply that you were losing it. I just wanted to make sure that you don't on account of 1Password. ;)

We're working really hard on the new app, so things are changing enough that it can be difficult to keep track. Looking forward to getting it to the point where it has all of the features we want and we can all become more comfortable with it. Cheers! :)

• gtyler
    gtyler
    Community Member

I use the Identity and Credit Card sub menus from from my iMac with my newly created Family account all the time. I really hope you can make the Windows plug-ins work the same way.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's the plan! I'm anxious for this feature myself. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you as well! :)

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@gtyler just wanted to chime in here and let you know that you can fill an identity the same way you can fill a credit card as Brenty pointed out.
    When you need to fill in an identity form, just search for the item through the extension and select it. It should automatically fill the form with all your identity data.

• gtyler
    gtyler
    Community Member

Got it. That's a good work around for now. Just tried it on a web form that I developed and it filled out most of the fields. Do you have guidelines for form field names that I should use so that my fellow 1Password users can fill out my forms more quickly?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@gtyler: Oh, how I love you for asking! This will benefit not only 1Password users, but those using screen readers and other accessibility features. We have some general information on designing compatible websites in our knowledgebase, and please don't hesitate to post in the browser filling category of the forums with any specific questions you might have. Cheers! :)

• Simdog
    Simdog
    Community Member

i am also hankering for these features (identity fill , credit card fill and secure notes) i dont understand why it works on a 2 year old version on a mac but isnt supported on a brand new release in windows.

it is very poor in my opinion these features are invaluable for me and my failing memory

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Simdog: I think you just answered your own question: 1Password for Mac is a mature app that's had plenty of time to add all of these features; the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app will have them in time as well. And to be clear, currently both Identity and Credit Card filling are supported. Just search for the item and click it to fill. Likewise, while Secure Notes and other category listings will be added to 1Password mini as we continue to build the new app, you can type in the search field to locate any other items in your vault. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.