Updated to 6.5.1 but getting error when trying to install Safari Extesion 4.6.2 into Safari 10.0.1

neutra
neutra
Community Member

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @neutra ,

We've seen this issue a few times. An alternative is to install the extension from Apple's Extension Gallery. Please choose Extension Gallery… from the Safari menu and you can install the Extension from there. Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• MHMertens
    MHMertens
    Community Member

This solved it for us as well, eventually.
    Suggestions from various other, more recent forum contributions (up to complete reinstall of 1P, quitting 1P mini, restart Mac etc) did not work.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MHMertens

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the extension, but it's great that Kevin's suggestion worked for you! I hope that everything goes well for you with 1Password from now on, but if you ever need us again, we're always here for you :chuffed:

• gearhead2016
    gearhead2016
    Community Member

I am having this issue as well, I went to the Safari extensions gallery but it says I already have it installed, is there any other way I could try? The pop up for installation won't go away!!

• macbikegeek
    macbikegeek
    Community Member

I had the same problem. Safari was basically unusable because of the popup. As with @gearhead2016 the Safari extensions gallery says the extension is already installed and doesn't provide a way to update it. After about 4 restarts of the browser and finally getting an auth code message from the extension, it started working. Still getting the can't install message trying to put the downloaded extension in place.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gearhead2016 and @macbikegeek,

I'm sorry you keep seeing pop up messages about the extension in Safari!

From your descriptions, it sounds like you're getting a message about updating the 1Password extension, and/or the following error:

You should be able to solve that by following the steps here: If you see "Safari can't install this extension"

Does that help? If you still have trouble with that, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.