1Password can't fill https://sogehomebank.com [Known issue, fill twice to work around]

Options
blackxored
blackxored
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Fails to fill this site. Had some success with manual login saving, but requires to hit the fill shortcut twice and sometimes doesn't work. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sogehomebank.com

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @blackxored. I looked at this site and they're doing something peculiar. When you first load the page, the password field that requires you to click the keys on the virtual keyboard (ugh…) is not actually present. Here's a screenshot showing the difference, first before clicking into the LOZINKA field and the second after clicking into it and the keyboard displaying:

As you can see, the first time there is a single password field and the second time there are two.

In my testing, it did not matter whether I saved the Login in the main application or in the browser. In both cases, I had to fill the Login twice in order to get the filling to work. What I would suggest first is that you disable autosubmit for this Login by editing it and setting its Submit attribute to Never. Then you can use Command-\ to fill the Login twice and then submit.

In addition, I would encourage you to contact your bank and explain to them that their site's obtuse design is actually making it more difficult for you to take control over your own online security while providing dubious security benefits.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now. Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• blackxored
    blackxored
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

That's a good workaround, yes their design and web expertise in general has made me mad more than once. However, LastPass is able to get this done somehow, so I know it might be possible. I do realize it would probably have taken significant effort for them to get it to work.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Interesting that they're able to fill it. I'd love to know what their secret is but somehow I suspect they're not up for sharing. ;) I'll add it to our list and we'll see what we can do, but I can't make any promises on a timeframe.

Cheers!

ref: OPX-1272

• blackxored
    blackxored
    Community Member
    Options

Now the workaround isn't working anymore :(.
    I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to make you click on your password, that makes it less secure because I'm gonna choose a weaker password.
    Any news on your end?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blackxored,

It's a bit of a pain but can you try creating a new Login item please using the steps outlined on our page "How to save a Login manually in your browser" (https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/). The annoying part is 1Password will ask if you want to save after each character and looking at the underlying HTML I'm trying to see what we might be able to use to stop that annoying behaviour.

In the Login item created by 1Password I see information about radio buttons and we made a change a while back to support these properly as in the past support was broken. The bad news was there was no easy way to correct this without potentially breaking filling in old Login items as what they recorded in the past wasn't compatible with what we needed to record to make it work properly. So I'm hoping what has happened is you've updated recently and it's included a shift to this new filling. If I'm correct you should find a new Login item at least allows the double filling to work again. You will need to disable submit after filling in the new Login item like before.

Unfortunately we don't have any news about reducing that to a single fill - sorry about that.

Please do let us know if this helps or if you're still having trouble.

• blackxored
    blackxored
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I was able to get to (kind of) work by recreating the login, and disabling submit like you pointed out. Thanks.
    It's not optimal since the double autofill in the past submitted, now I have to hit the Accept button on the virtual keyboard and only then click login, while it was automatic in the past. But it kind of works, I'm still not gonna go with a generated password there, but hopefully it'll get fixed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @blackxored,

Not ideal but sadly the site is not making it easy to offer a fluid path. Hopefully the number of awkward sites you've come across aren't many in number and while I can't promise anything, we do have a record of the issue to see if there is some we can do to improve support here.

This discussion has been closed.