Two factor auth (totp) copy to clipboard is broken [will only be available in beta for right now]

Options
qream
qream
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I updated to version 6.5.1 yesterday and since then have not been able to get my two factor authentication token copied to the clipboard when I attempt to log into a website. This was working on the previous beta version.

1Password Version: 6.5.1 (651005)
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Syncing via 1password for families account

Comments

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member
    Options

@qream can you give some more details about where you are going to copy the TOTP and what is (or isn't) happening (for example, does the copy appear to happen but it doesn't paste)?

I've just tested this on my Mac (which is running OS Sierra 10.12.1) and I could copy and paste my TOTPs from the main app as well as 1Password mini (both the browser extension and the version on the menu bar).

• @qream,

It isn't technically broken. Not every feature that goes into Beta makes the cut for the Release version. This is an instance where we thought there was in fact more that we could do for this feature so it was decided to keep it as a beta only feature for the time being.

Rudy

• qream
    qream
    Community Member
    Options

hi @Martok I can copy and paste manually. The beta had a feature where the copy would happen automatically after choosing to login with a username/password

@rudy Thanks for the info. I certainly miss that feature. It takes multiple clicks now to log in with 2FA turned on. The feature was great for usability. Hopefully it makes it back.

• @qream,

Indeed, at the very least it'll still be there in its current form when we push the next beta update, which should hopefully be soon.

Rudy

• wincent
    wincent
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to getting access to this again; have really enjoyed using it during the beta phase.

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member
    Options

I've just upgraded from v6.5.BETA-35 (650035) to v6.5.1 (651005) and the OTP copy to clipboard has been removed. Any reason for it's removal? I'd become quite reliant on it.

Cheers,

Victor

1Password Version: 6.5.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• stevenr
    stevenr
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm this (mis-)behaviour.

Cheers,

Steven

• stevenr
    stevenr
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

This feature first appeared in 6.5.BETA-19 (build #650019) – released 2016-09-22

1Password now automatically copies your one-time passwords to the clipboard when filling an item into your browser. Enjoy! {OPM-3053}

At the moment the "Show betas" checkbox at https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4 is broken. I had to get the above text from Google's cache.

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed behaviour with my implementation too.

1Password 6
    Version 6.5.1 (651005)
    AgileBits Store

Add-on
    FF 4.6.2.b3

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Jeunj, @stevenr, @ausernie.

I've moved your comments into this related discussion, where Rudy explained why the copy-TOTP-to-clipboard feature is unavailable in the 6.5.1 release:

It isn't technically broken. Not every feature that goes into Beta makes the cut for the Release version. This is an instance where we thought there was in fact more that we could do for this feature so it was decided to keep it as a beta only feature for the time being.

@stevenr,

At the moment the "Show betas" checkbox at https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4 is broken.

Most release notes for specific earlier beta builds are included with those for the current stable build, if the beta changes have made the cut, then removed from Release Notes page. Enabling Show betas will have no effect until a new beta build, with release notes for it, is available.

• We have now released our first beta of 1Password 6.5.2 that restores the OTP copying feature for beta customers. Thanks for your patience!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sashk: Possible? Almost certainly. Reliable? Perhaps not. Definitely a cool idea though! Maybe we'll be able to do something like that in the future. :)

• tkeeler
    tkeeler
    Community Member
    Options

We have now released our first beta of 1Password 6.5.2 that restores the OTP copying feature for beta customers. Thanks for your patience!

I'm using 6.5.2 (build 652003) w/betas enabled and the OTP automatic copying feature is not working for me. Is there an option to enable this?

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same on 6.5.2 (652003), it's not working :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tkeeler: Sorry for the confusion there! There isn't currently a beta, since the stable version was just released. We'll have another soon, and hopefully we'll see a return of the TOTP copy shortly as well.

This discussion has been closed.