I cannot log into 1Password on my PC

When I try to log in I'm presented with 1Password login or iCloud, Dropbox or folder. I select Dropbox. Then after entering email and password I get invalid email or user. I entered my Dropbox credentials three times and get the same answer every time. And I just uninstalled 1Password and now it's not in the windows store. I'm frustrated and I guess I'll just go back to using it on iOS only.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't log into 1Password on windows 10 using Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Homerj222,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated. I just signed into Dropbox in 1Password 6 and it went through okay.

1Password does not handle the authentication for Dropbox, we're bringing up the Dropbox.com web site, just as you'd access it via your web browser. So, if it says invalid email/user, that's Dropbox saying it is invalid.

Were you able to sign in to Dropbox.com in your web browser without any issues?

If you're only using a local vault with Dropbox, 1Password 6 doesn't support local vaults completely yet, so you'd be better off using 1Password 4 for Windows for the moment. You can find it here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

• Homerj222
    Homerj222
    Community Member

Earlier I deleted the windows 10 beta of 1Password. Now the only version I found is 1Password 4. I never had a key so I guess this is a trial version. This sucks because I had the other version since February this year. I used it once a week doing finance stuff so if I need to pay $69 I'll just manually enter passwords from iOS 1Password. Everything was fine last weekend but not now. Is there another version elsewhere? Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Homerj222: You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

I see that you also emailed us though, so we can continue the conversation there to avoid the confusion of carrying on multiple discussions. I'll reply via email shortly.

ref: DPW-59249-266

This discussion has been closed.