Can't install Firefox Extension in Firefox 50.0!

Options
gsrokmix
gsrokmix
Community Member

Firefox just updated itselF to V 50.0, and I can't re-install the 1PW Extension. The "Allow" pop up appears, I click "Allow" but then a window comes up for a fraction of a second saying that there was a connection error. The same exact thing happens with the link to the mirror. So now what?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

George

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ulf_Funke
    Ulf_Funke
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me. And I do NOT want to change my browser. Any solutions?
    Thank you,
    Ulf

• @gsrokmix,

I wonder if its failing accept the SSL connection to our server to download the archive...

are you able to connect to https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4 ?

are you able to connect to https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.6.2.xpi

Rudy

• gsrokmix
    gsrokmix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,

No I still get the same errors. See attached.

George

• @gsrokmix,

can you attempt to connect to those urls in another browser just to rule out there being some other software interfering with the download?

Rudy

• gsrokmix
    gsrokmix
    Community Member
    Options

Not working with Safari either. Getting internal error when trying to install. At leat it looks like the file is getting downloaded.

George

• shadower
    shadower
    Community Member
    Options

I am in the same boat. 1password will not load extension on firefox nor will it self load passwords from app.

• rjack809
    rjack809
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem with Firefox 50.0. I get the communication error message when I try to install the extension.
    It works with Chrome.
    Russell

• Ulf_Funke
    Ulf_Funke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I updated my MAC version to the newest one (6.5.2). Then I used Sahara to go to https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.6.2.xpi and the download started automatically. In the Download directory, I double clicked on the file, but no program was known to open files with this extension. Some proposals showed up, but I had to allow "all programs" to see Firefox without the grey shade. Clicked on Firefox, then "open" and the extension was installed. That was it. Hope you have success, too.
    All the best,
    Ulf

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ulf_Funke: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to install it manually. It sounds like there isn't anything wrong with the extension, but some sort of connection or browser issue.

@rjack809, @gsrokmix, @shadower: There are a couple of common causes. There was an issue with the Globalsign CA over a month ago, and I wonder if, for whatever reason, some of you are still suffering from that issue. Please follow the instructions here to clear your cache:

Globalsign certificate revocation

Otherwise, do you have "security" software which may be interfering? Some install invalid certificates which will cause our site (and any others that actually validate the chain) to reject the connection. And sometimes they even actively prevent installation. Let me know what you find!

• rjack809
    rjack809
    Community Member
    Options

I cleared the cache and this did not solve the problem.
    Next I disabled my virus protection and that solved the problem.
    I will contact Kaspersky to see how this can be resolved.
    Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rjack809: Ah, thank you for getting back to me with that information! Indeed, we're tracking some issues with Kaspersky right now as well, so please let us know what you find out. We've been working with them so that it causes less trouble for our mutual customers, and they've made some improvements in the past to prevent interference with 1Password, but lately it seems like they've made some other changes that have caused more issues. We'll see what we can do to help. :blush:

• rjack809
    rjack809
    Community Member
    Options

Kasperky suggested I add the 1PW exe file to their exclusions list and that solved the problem.

• gsrokmix
    gsrokmix
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty,

I tried deleting the cache's as you described above, & that didn't do anything. I then disabled Avast, & I was able to download & install the extension & verify that it is working.

Thanks!

George

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rjack809, @gsrokmix: Thank you — both of you — for following up to let us know! I'm glad that disabling it allowed you to install the signed 1Password extension into your browser. That shouldn't be necessary though. We'll work with them to see what can be done to prevent this from happening in the future.

This discussion has been closed.