To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

HELP can't sign into 1P on a new computer. Have a license, not a Key, QR nor an emergency kit.

image95
image95
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Memberships

DESPERATE. have spent two days searching for a solution.
Trying to get 1P on an older Mac computer with the operating system 10.10.5
My account works just fine on all my other apple devices.
Have a license, not a Key, QR nor an emergency kit.

1Password Version: 6..5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:HELP can't sign into 1P on a new computer. Have a license, not a Key, QR nor an emergency kit.

Comments

• Hi @image95! I'm very sorry for the confusion about an account. Since you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with your purchase. Accounts are newer — we just introduced them this year — and are paid with a subscription. Learn about the difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license.

To get 1Password on your new computer, simply sync your data back with Dropbox. When you open 1Password on your new computer, choose "Find your data" and then choose the Dropbox option from there to get things synced up. If Dropbox isn't set up on your previous device, you can configure it there first and then sync your new computer. Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.