Server, router, ... with automatic web login

hpekristiansen
hpekristiansen
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Lounge

My servers, routers and several other devices has setting controlled in a webpage. I want to be able to login automatically on these devices, but only a few item types has the webform functionality. What is my bedst approach? -should I just surrender, an add everything as the item type Login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hpekristiansen: Since Login items are the only ones which have the logic to fill on webpages, I'd recommend saving any credentials you'd like to use in the browser as a Login. But certainly not everything! I definitely find it useful from an organizational standpoint (to a point though, since search is so powerful) to use Server and Router for some — just not those I want to use in the browser. That way I can easily open the URL and fill them. And tags can be really useful for organizing any item types. Cheers! :)

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

This has actually bothered me a lot too. It's quite annoying having to split the information into two or more items because of this. Why not simply make any type of item available for browser login? If you're afraid this will cause too many items to be displayed, simply make the display field default to Never display in browser. Consider this a feature request. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pervel: Thanks for the suggestion! I tend to just store this type of information in a single Login item, but it's certainly something we can consider for a future version. :)

This discussion has been closed.