To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Create new login on device in any vault but the Primary

Options
gilbersd
gilbersd
Community Member

I have a Shared Vault and a Primary Vault. When I create a new login/passward item on my iOS device, I can only make add it to my Primary Vault and this is set up to sync through iCloud and doesn't sync to Password1. How can I either have it add login to the Shared account (so it appears on all my devices) or syncs to password1 account rather than iCloud. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password, iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gilbersd

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with your 1Password account. If you are only using 1Password on your account, then the easiest way to solve this is to completely get rid of the Primary vault. Make sure to move the items in Primary to Personal first by going to the login, then scroll down, pick "Move and Copy" > "Move to Vault" and pick Personal or the one you need. When all your items in Primary have been moved into Personal you can then delete the app from your phone, install it again and configure it to only use the account :chuffed: Make sure you've moved all your items before you delete the app, anything left on local copies will be completely removed.

Please let us know if you try this and how it works for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.