To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How change the password for a team shared vault?

Options
p_bee
p_bee
Community Member

I completed a password recovery for my team thinking that this was the correct way to change the login, however, one of my team members can still login using the old password. What can i do to stop this from happening?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password recovery

Comments

• Hi @p_bee! Sorry about that. Does the team member happen to be using 1Password for Windows? If so, that app may need the Master Password to be updated since it doesn't update automatically from the server. They can change their Master Password there to the new one by clicking the gear icon in the app and choosing Options, then Security -> Change Master Password.

I'm a bit curious: why did you recover their account if they have the old Master Password?

• p_bee
    p_bee
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to change the password as one of our team members using that login has just left our business and I wanted to remove access.

• p_bee
    p_bee
    Community Member
    Options

Is there another way that I can remotely change access when I have multiple team members using the same user login?

• @p_bee Ah, that's a bit different then. You don't need to change the team member's Master Password or recover their account if they left the company. Instead, remove them from the team and they will no longer be able to access any of the vaults.

This discussion has been closed.