To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Link 1Password account on mac and IOS devices to an online account

Options
JeffPeters
JeffPeters
Community Member

How do I link my 1Password account on my mac and IOS devices to an online account so that I can access my passwords from a browser?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:link

Comments

• Hi @JeffPeters! You can get started with a 1Password.com account by moving your data there from your Mac, then signing in to your account on your iOS devices to access everything:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you already use 1Password on your iOS devices, you can remove your existing vault after moving everything to your account by opening the app and tapping Settings -> Advanced -> Reset All 1Password Data. Only do this after you've moved your data to your account, since it will erase what is on your phone currently (your account will still have data since it's on 1Password.com). Let us know how that goes! :)

• SteveAxil
    SteveAxil
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob,

If I follow the instructions above, will my personal items be stored in AgileBits infrastructure somewhere? Looking at the FAQs it seems that they must be, since they will be accessible via the Web UI. Are there some details somewhere on what that infrastructure looks like and how it is secured?

Thanks,
    Steve

• @SteveAxil Moving your data to an account means it will be stored on the 1Password server. We have a wonderful bit of documentation on how things are secured:

How 1Password protects your data when you use a sync service

Please let us know if you have some questions about it. :)

This discussion has been closed.