To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unsure how to move to 1Password.com

Options
bdowne01
bdowne01
Community Member

Hello!

I've been a 1Password user for several years, and leverage the standalone application on quite a few different devices (Mac, Windows, Android, iOS) and purchased licenses for all those. The 1Password app has really become a key part of my daily workflow and life!

I leverage two vaults and sync those via Dropbox: one strictly for personal use, and another vault I share with one other person (my elderly mother) to help with remote support, etc.

Probably to my own detriment, I've somewhat ignored developments to 1Password for a while, mostly because what I have "just works"! It really is great software. However, I've been looking at trying to leverage multiple vaults on my Android device and why the Windows version was stuck on 4.x and in that research discovered things have really, really changed around here!

I'd like to try the new hosted version (never truly been a Dropbox fan) but not sure how to proceed in my particular use case. It sounds like I'd have to go with 1Password for Teams, but is it really $4 per month per person? That's significantly more expensive for me, and does seem a bit silly for my limited use.

Hoping someone from AgileBits can provide a recommendation. And Happy Thanksgiving!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bdowne01! I'd be happy to help clear things up. For you and your mother to use 1Password together with the latest versions, 1Password Families is the best option. It's $5 per month when paid annually and you get 5 family members with it. :) Teams is more for businesses, and it doesn't sound like you need that. Learn more about 1Password Families on our website. We have a nice guide to help you get signed up for a family account and move your data over to it:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Since you've used 1Password for a while, you are probably wondering, "Well why do I need to migrate my data to an account? Don't I just sign in to it?" While you can just sign in, accounts are a bit more than just something you sign in to. They also store your passwords, credit cards, and other info that you've saved in 1Password, which means you can access it wherever you are, just by signing in.

To start sharing with your mother, create a vault or two and add her to them so she can access the contents. Then move items into a vault so she can see them and use those passwords. Let us know how this goes!

• bdowne01
    bdowne01
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob! I'll give that a shot!

• Sounds good! :+1: We're here if you have questions along the way. :)

This discussion has been closed.