Cannot launch Knox or access Vaults

IainBIainB
edited November 2016 in Knox

Hi, I haven't used Knox for a year, couldn't find it, found it in trash, will not open. It keeps crashing and disappearing and I do not know where my files are. It would not let me put my password in. I am running IOS Sierra 10.12.1 and am not sure what version of Knox.

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@IainB: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you may have an older version, or it's simply damaged. Please install the most recent version from our legacy update site:

Knox updates

The one caveat is that it is no longer in active development. On recent versions of macOS (El Capitan and Sierra), some changes have made it so that using whole-disk encryption on an external drive will produce an error, but local sparsebundles should work normally.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• curlingcurling Junior Member

I am running 10.12.1 and Knox on my machine would not open. I could open a sparsebundle OK.
    I downloaded the latest build from the link you give in your reply here. I got the usual 'This is an application downloaded from the internet, do you want to open it' warning, so I thought that was a good sign - but Knox will not open. There is nothing bouncing in the dock, just nothing at all.
    I tried to delete the old app using AppCleaner and it said it was a protected app. I checked in preferences and it is not there?
    I used EasyFind to locate everything related to Knox and I am wondering whether junking all the knox.app and knoxformac plist stuff might help - or whether Knox is just not working any more?

If Knox no longer works, do you have a suggestion for an alternative?

• Andrew_AGAndrew_AG

Team Member

The latest Knox app should open just fine still on macOS Sierra. Did you check the menubar to see if it opened there instead?

• curlingcurling Junior Member

Oh, yes - it is there in the menu bar. My bad.

• Andrew_AGAndrew_AG

Team Member

No worries. :) You can change it to open in the Dock instead in the Preferences section of the app.

This discussion has been closed.