Pending changes won't disappear

dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

I tagged some logins in the app. Everything worked well. As I tried to tag a document than it worked locally and the pending changes appeared. Somehow the added tag to the document doesn't get synced.

As I checked in the web interface that tag is the only one that is missing. Is there a way to manually start the sync?

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dahanbn sync is triggered every time you unlock the app. You can also provoke sync by editing any item, or simply going to edit mode and saving it without changes. If that item still shows under Pending Changes, please Gear Button > Generate Diagnostic Report **and send it to **support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com so we can investigate. Hope that helps :)

• Hi @dahanbn,

Thanks for writing in. I just tested this and the tag did show up on the web app. Can you try editing that specific item on the web site to add another tag like testing and tell me if it shows up in the Windows app?

• Hi @dahanbn,

Let's move this to the email conversation, so we don't mix things up. I've just replied to your email an hour ago and I didn't see this thread was connected to that email, I'll follow up again.

After removing the testing tag and adding the real tag in 1Password6 the item changed its status back to pending changes.

That's not normal, that would suggest there's a problem with that specific item that the 1Password.com server is rejecting. I'll double-check the logs you've sent.

Don't you check against pending local changes before you overwrite local data with cloud data?

We always pull from the cloud first as it is the truth server for all of your devices, the app isn't supposed to let you save when there's a pending remote change that's newer than your change. In other words, what is supposed to happen is this:

1. As soon as you unlock, start pulling all changes from the server
    2. When you start editing an item and attempt to sync, the app is supposed to check if there's a new item version on the server and if yes, block the save temporarily, pull the changes from the server and then ask you to save again because there has been changes made on the server.

Will also data be lost if I have local changes because I did them offline and than I sync with the web were the item was changed as well?

If the version of the item you've updated locally is newer than the server's version, yes, 1Password will push it to the server to replace it. Item History is available to let you restore to the previous change you made on the website but this records all of the updates on the server, it doesn't know about any local changes.

• grossolini
    grossolini
    Community Member

Hi,

I also have 1 pending change that wont resolve itself.
    What can I do and what is it about? The item in that list hasn't changed for weeks, but the notification appeared today.

• GBerry
    GBerry
    Community Member

Hi,
    I am using 1Password beta since a while on my Windows 7 computer and my Family account. Everything was working fine.

Since a week or so all my changes end up in the "Pending Changes" section. 1Password is asking me to sign-in, what never happened before. After signing in again nothing happens, all "Pending Changes" remain. I try saving something new and the number of "Pending Changes" increases.

The 1Password version is 1Password 6.1.308D

Many thanks for your support!

• Hi guys,

The best thing you can do right now is send us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can look into it further. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

@grossolini,

I also have 1 pending change that won't resolve itself. What can I do and what is it about? The item in that list hasn't changed for weeks, but the notification appeared today.

Did that item show up on the 1Password.com web app or other 1Password apps fine, no visible differences?

If yes, this is likely a bug we've fixed internally and will be included in the next update. We've improved the accuracy of our search for these pending changes and in the current 308d update, it was picking up items that are not supposed to be pending.

What Pending Changes does is show you a list of items we've found that hasn't been synced or has a local change that doesn't appear to be on the server. It took a few extra bug reports for us to figure out that our search was a bit too wide and we needed to narrow it down.

@Gberry,

1Password is asking me to sign-in, what never happened before. After signing in again nothing happens, all "Pending Changes" remain. I try saving something new and the number of "Pending Changes" increases.

Did you change any of your 1Password.com account credentials, like changing email address, master password, and/or account key? Or even upgrading from Individuals to Families? It sounds like 1Password cannot log you in to your 1Password account and every change you continue to make is not being pushed to our servers, thus the # of Pending Changes increases.

Whatever you do, please do not sign out nor delete anything, please work with us to fix this.

Can you open the main 1Password 6 app, unlock and click on Settings on top right to select Accounts & Vaults, do you see any empty submenus on the list here?

• grossolini
    grossolini
    Community Member

@MikeT actually, one of the (now 2) pending changes is a password that I changed today. I checked the iOS app and the password isn't up to date on that device (the change was made on my Windows computer).
    I am filing an email for support.

• Great, we got the email and will reply there as soon as possible.

ref: CCV-78217-676

• hymond
    hymond
    Community Member

Also chiming in with the same issue. An item in pending changes from the Windows version that's not syncing to anything else. Diagnostic log sent.

• Thanks, we got the mail and will reply to you soon.

ref: BMW-43562-157

• hymond
    hymond
    Community Member

It looks like I was able to sync the change. I had to totally restart 1Password in order for the change to go from pending to updated. I wonder if its due in some part to the captive portal that I access the internet through? 1Password fails to connect until after I authenticate and connect to my VPN. When I restarted the application, I had already established a VPN connection, so it was able to connect immediately without errors.

• Hi @hymond,

Yes, that's most likely the situation and explains why the app thinks the item was pending.

We don't yet have a mature network stack that handles all the network configurations that we're getting reports from, including yours, but we're making continuous improvements to the app to handle them properly.

Thanks for updating us!

• Just an FYI, I've done some testing and was able to confirm a regression in the app. It does not sync if the network was lost and reconnected in the same app session, even though it did find its way to our servers, it didn't do any pushes. A complete app restart is required to fix this.

We'll get this fixed soon.

This discussion has been closed.