Beta update channel is disabled after updating to the latest beta

dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Under Options / Update you have to manually enable the beta builds and to provide a hockey app email address after updating to the latest beta. Personally I think in the beta builds should the former enabling of beta builds and the provided hockey address being preserved during app updates. Otherwise you might loose a lot of beta testers because I usually don't check that setting after an update and therefore many of your beta tester wouldn't get notified for newer betas.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dahanbn that's weird, settings must be preserved, including beta choices. The only thing that comes to my mind is that we protect these settings with the key tied to your Windows logon account. I'd expect this beta setting and paired browsers list to be lost when database is copied to another machine, but not like during regular update. Was there something irregular when you updated last time?

6.1.308 went public stable last night, next public beta is coming shortly. Please let us know if beta settings will be lost again and thank you for letting us know, I'll try to reproduce it on our end.

• @dahanbn phew :) thanks for letting us know

This discussion has been closed.