To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to use Web Interface if all I ever got was a License?

Options
salar
salar
Community Member

Hey there. I recently installed Linux on a laptop and wanted to get 1password on there. Turns out it's unsupported, but this thread says that there's a web interface I can use.

That's all fine and dandy, but apparently I need a 1password account to log in. I hunted around, but all I can find is my License -- according to some of the FAQs, I actually never got an Account in the first place if I have a license (I purchased 1pass from the mac app store)

Which leads me to my question: how can I connect my license to an account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately this can't be done directly. Accounts are a feature of the new subscription service, licences (which still exist) go with the one-time purchase.

You can try the account approach for free and see if it suits you, but the opportunity for licenced users to get a long free use (which is equivalent to a discount) has now passed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@salar: Indeed, the web interface is part of the 1Password.com subscription service, since it has a server component; the web interface cannot exist otherwise. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

You'll get 30 days to try it for free, so you can give the web app a thorough test drive. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.