1Password requires authorization to work with Firefox every time I restart Firefox

Even though the codes match and I click Authorize, I get the authorization request every time I restart Firefox. This can't be normal behavior. How do I get past this?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password Accounts
Referrer: forum-search:1Password requires authorization firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Toshen: That's definitely not normal! Are you resetting the browser or have extensions which may be interfering there? 1Password stores a secret once the connection is established, but I wonder if something is wiping that you each session for some reason. Let me know what you find!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Toshen,

Another possibility is if you have both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store version of 1Password installed on your Mac. They store details in separate locations and the extension only maintains a single authorisation so if OS X is causing jumping between two copies that would also result in frequent requests to authorise.

• Toshen
    Toshen
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

That sounds possible. I realize that I was inaccurate in my first post. It doesn't happen every time I start Firefox, just often lately, so maybe it's when updates are installed for the two different versions? I did find the upgrade to 1Password Accounts for Individuals a bit confusing, so it's possible I installed something I shouldn't have or missed uninstalling something I should have.

Any suggestions for how I can research this and, if this is in fact case, fix it?

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Toshen,

The easiest thing to try and see if this is a possibility is to use MacOS's Spotlight and search for the text 1Password. Does it return a 1Password and 1Password 6 as applications visible to MacOS? If it does we could be on the right track and the good news is if you've moved everything over to vaults in a 1Password account it will be easy to sort this out.

If you have two copies the first thing to do is launch 1Password like you normally do and confirm you can see your 1Password account vaults. Then use the menu option 1Password > About 1Password to see which version this one is, is it the Mac App Store or AgileBits Store version. With that piece of information we can tell you what to do next :smile:

• Toshen
    Toshen
    Community Member

Thanks. I see only one 1Password (not the "6" version), and when I look at About 1Password, I see that it's the Mac App Store version.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Toshen,

Can you do the following please.

1. Wait for the issue to reoccur.
    2. Create a diagnostic report and send it into us. The details below will guide you through it all.

This guide will show you how to create a diagnostic report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• Toshen
    Toshen
    Community Member

Okay, I've sent two reports in, one yesterday, one today. Hopefully, they will provide some clues. Thanks again for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Toshen,

Somebody will be in contact soon.

ref: JSB-47845-691

• Toshen
    Toshen
    Community Member

Thanks again for the help. I deleted the plist file and that appears to have resolved the issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I see from emails that the issue has not been fully resolved even though it seems there was a temporary lull in the bad behaviour. We'll continue the conversation via email @Toshen until we've gotten this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.