Problem with the browser extension since the update

mayaaneem
mayaaneem
Community Member

Since i downloaded the update which requires you to update your browser extension I have problems with 1Password(Im using mac). When trying to download the update it will say that there was a problem with the installation. Restarting the browser or the laptop didnt help. Sadly this isnt the only problem. Whenever using 1Password it will keep giving me pop ups urging me to make the update, which i cant do!!!!! Pressing not now doesnt help because it will pop up 10 seconds later being the biggest pain in the ass you can imagine. This wont stop until i restart the computer. I cant tell you the exact 1Password version im using but i just made another update hoping for this problem to be resolved so i guess im using the newest version of 1Password and im also using the newest version of Macos

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:problem with the extesion

Comments

• mayaaneem
    mayaaneem
    Community Member

Actually a restart wont help anymore :( >_< :'(

• Hi @mayaaneem ,

I recommend removing the extension and reinstalling.

1. In Safari (if you use a different browser, let us know and we'll send instructions for those), open the Preferences and click on Extensions.
    2. Remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Select Safari Extensions… from the Safari menu. It should show a page of extensions with 1Password there.
    4. Click 1Password and click Install. That should stop you from being prompted to update.

It will ask you to match a code to one displayed in your browser. This is a security enhancement and should only happen once.

If you have any trouble with the above, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• mayaaneem
    mayaaneem
    Community Member

thank you a lot. Im really relieved now that this problem is solved. Once i opened the extensions it said to update and it worked right away :)

• Glad to hear it. If you have any trouble in the future, just let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.