How to share data with a family member

Comments

• Stevo1970
    Stevo1970
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

I purchase 1password from my iphone and am trying to copy it into a 1password account I just created so that I can share with my wife. The email I used for my iphone 1password purchase/account is ..... The 1password account I just created is with the email address ..... All I really want to do is copy my iphone passwords into the new account I set up so that my wife can have access.

[Edited by MikeT to remove email addresses]

• Hi @Stevo1970,

Thanks for writing in. I've edited your post to remove your accounts information, this is a public support forum and so you should not share anything sensitive here. If you need to share private data, you can email us at support@agilebits.com. I've also split your post into its own thread, so we can help you directly.

Before we proceed, can you clarify a few things for me:

1. Did you have 1Password data on your iPhone prior to creating the 1Password.com account?
    2. If so, the existing data that's on your iPhone, is it only on your iPhone, you haven't synced it to your PC or Mac before? The reason I ask is that the iOS version doesn't yet have a way to bulk-move all items into your 1Password.com account, this is coming in the next update.
    3. Your current 1Password.com account is the Individuals plan, you'll have to upgrade to the Families plan if you want to invite your wife onto your account to share data with. Are you currently trying Individuals first to see if you like it before inviting your wife?
  • Stevo1970
    Stevo1970
    Community Member

i have had 1password on my iphone for several years and only signed up via the itunes store. My iphone is only backed up to the icloud, so I have not synced it to any computer in years.

My iphone version of 1 password does have a back up feature which I used and placed it in a dropbox folder. Essentially, I just need to add my wife to the account. Because the iphone version did not allow this, i created a new account on the 1password website. I was hoping that once I created a new account on the website, I would be able to sync both versions or at least copy all of my usernames and passwords from my phone version to my new account.

• Hi @Stevo1970,

Thanks for the details. I've moved your thread to our iOS forum as you originally posted in the Windows team.

Do you have a Mac or PC you can use to act as a middleman to migrate your existing iOS data to your 1Password.com account? Right now, the iOS app doesn't have a way for you to bulk-move all of your items at once to the 1Password account, so you have to move each item manually, which can be very exhausting to do. The next 1Password for iOS update will have this feature to completely move your data over at once but we don't have a timeframe on this.

This discussion has been closed.