No sync option in preferences

ozzy61
ozzy61
Community Member

I can't choose any settings for the sync. There isn't any option in the toolbar. I'm using the 6.5.2 app on a mac. Please see the attached image of my toolbar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• toppingest
    toppingest
    Community Member

I have the same question

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Are you on the subscription version? 1PW for Families or 1PW for Individuals?

If you are, sync is automatic, which is why it is not shown.

On the other hand, the one-time licence version does require you to set up syncing and has the option.

• chrisoni
    chrisoni
    Community Member

i have the same issue. we must enable 1 password on our Mac in icloud first. but there's no way to do that if the sync option isn't showing up. and when we try to sign up on the iphone it doesnt work because of the above issue. very frustrating. pls advise. i have tried all your support- none of it works.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello guys,

Sorry for the confusion! :'(

Sync tab is not shown in the Settings if you have added your 1Password Account first. When you have an account, sync happens automatically, and we want to avoid another confusion there. It's complicated.

If you want to add a local vault, in addition to 1Password Account, please go to 1Password > Preferences > Advanced, and tick the box next to Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts. Local vault will be created and you will be able to choose a Sync option for it.

Please let me know if it helps. We are happy to help! :)

++
    Greg

• ozzy61
    ozzy61
    Community Member

Thanks for the answer. Now I understand.

• Glad to hear it. Let us know if you have further questions.

• chrisoni
    chrisoni
    Community Member

thank your for this!:) however, i was able to get the sync icon but now i have a 'personal' and 'primary' account. the personal acct has all my data-- the primary is empty. plz tell me how to transfer the data from primary to personal. also, i was able to access 1PW on my iOS but its the empty primary account. i look forward to your reply. feeling more confident:)

• chrisoni
    chrisoni
    Community Member

ah- i figured it out via this link/videp ['migrating data' segment] https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data all good, at last!:)

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Great @chrisoni ! Glad to hear that it is working.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

This discussion has been closed.