I can sync on my iPad and iPhone, but no sync symbol in preferences on my Mac

toppingest
toppingest
Community Member

i originally purchased 1password on my iPad probably a few months ago on the advice of a friend. I couldn't get it to work, so put it aside for a while. Started trying to set it up and figure it out a few days ago. I think sync is working on iPad and iPhone, but no sync symbol in preferences on iMac.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:no sync in preferences

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toppingest: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you've setup 1Password for Mac with a 1Password Account and no local vaults, there won't be any sync settings; this is handled completely by the subscription service. But you can always enable local vaults under Preferences > Advanced. Just keep in mind that these will not sync with 1Password.com. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• toppingest
    toppingest
    Community Member

If I have set up a 1Password account, I didn't mean to. How do I find out if I have an account? I may have pushed start free trial at some point when trying to make one password work.
    I have only Apple products, and only want to sync through iCloud.

• @toppingest,

If you click on the Accounts tab in the 1Password preferences window, it should reveal that you're logged into an account. Another indicator would be in the vault picker in the main 1Password window it should show that you have a Personal vault rather than a Primary vault.

Rudy

• toppingest
    toppingest
    Community Member

Preferences - account. Shows my name. Under that it says "trial mode subscribe now. " then my sign in address, email address, and account key.
    Vault Picker shows my name with the flag next to it and under that it says "personal" next to the one password symbol. Both boxes on the left are checked.
    So - do I have a 1password account or don't I? If I do, how can I stop it so that I can use the iCloud to sync my devices?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toppingest: Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying! If you didn't want to use a 1Password Account, it would have been simpler not to sign up for one and set it up in the app, but you can migrate your data to a local vault instead!

Did you enable local vaults under Preferences > Advanced like I suggested? If you do this, you can move your data from the Personal vault (which is part of your 1Password Account) to the Primary vault, which you can then sync with iCloud. Once you've done that, just logout in Preferences > Accounts and you'll be all set. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• toppingest
    toppingest
    Community Member

I have moved my logins into a primary vault on my iPad iPhone and iMac, but they won't sync with each other. I have synced them all to iCloud, but when I add a login on one device, it doesn't show up on any of the others.

• toppingest
    toppingest
    Community Member

Update: my iPad and iPhone are now sharing logins with each other. They are not sharing with my Mac, and my Mac won't share with them.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toppingest: Thanks for following up! It sounds like you setup iCloud sync on your iOS devices so they're sharing the vault now. Is that correct? If so, this is good progress, and you're closer to you goal! :chuffed:

Next, make sure that you're logged into the same iCloud account on your Mac, and setup iCloud sync there as well. That way you can Merge the data with what your other devices are already using and you should be good to go. :)

This discussion has been closed.