1Password 6 on Windows 10 and Chrome Extension not showing everything as on Mac

We have 1Password 6 on Windows and installed the Chrome extension. When on a site, it only shows logins for that site. On an empty tab in the browser, it shows all logins. But on my Mac, independent of the site, when I click on the icon in the browser, I can see Favorites, Password Generator, Logins, Credit Cards, Identities, Passwords, Bank Accounts and Tags. Why can't I see that same list in 1Password 6 for Windows with the Chrome Extension?

It's the list that is shown on the page https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@irvlustig: Indeed, the new 1Password Windows desktop app does not support categories, so for now it will show logins for the current page, or you can search for any of your items by typing. We'll be adding this in a future update though. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you! :)

• kaymac01
    kaymac01
    Community Member

I have the same issue as irvlustig. It just makes sense to me that I would see the same thing in the Chrome extension on Windows as I see in the Chrome extension on the Mac. The fact that it didn't led me to conclude that something was missing in Windows and that I had messed up the install or configuration somehow. I thought I had a bug but it was really a (non)feature.

My $0.02: I use a Mac at home and am stuck with Windows at work. I'm probably like a lot of users in this regard. But I want, as much as possible, to have the same functionality on each platform. I want to be platform agnostic to the maximum extent possible at least in terms of functionality if not "look and feel". This is particularly important with respect to passwords. I need to access them in multiple locations and across multiple platforms. Up until now I've been reusing a password for low-security logins. I've paid for 1password specifically to get away from this poor security behaviour on my part.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My $0.02: I use a Mac at home and am stuck with Windows at work. I'm probably like a lot of users in this regard. But I want, as much as possible, to have the same functionality on each platform. I want to be platform agnostic to the maximum extent possible at least in terms of functionality if not "look and feel". This is particularly important with respect to passwords. I need to access them in multiple locations and across multiple platforms.

@kaymac01: Agreed. As you can imagine, we use Windows for work too, so we're motivated to bring the new app up to speed with all of the features we're used to from 1Password for Mac. It isn't where we all want it to be yet either, but it's getting closer with each update. Thanks for taking the time to let us know this is just as important to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.