Clean Install of Sierra and Can Not Sync my 1Password from Dropbox

Options
bbyrdhouse
bbyrdhouse
Community Member

Hi,

I have 1Password running on my Mac and on my iPhone. Both devices are synched to my Dropbox. This set up has worked wonderfully for several years. I have about 450 items stored in the 1Password.agilekeychain.

Today, I did a clean install of Sierra and went to synch 1Password with my Dropbox and after doing so, there are no items. The items are still on my iPhone but not on my Mac.

I did read the article here: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/ but nothing there seems pertinent to my situation.

Also, I do have a fresh Time Machine backup from this morning if that helps ...

1Password Version: Version 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bbyrdhouse
    bbyrdhouse
    Community Member
    Options

Any help?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bbyrdhouse,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data from Dropbox! I'm sure we can help figure this out.

First, can you please double-check some settings in 1Password on your Mac and iPhone:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync settings, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

Are your Mac and iPhone both pointing to the same file in the same location in Dropbox? If not, disable the sync settings on your Mac (change it from Dropbox to None), then set it up again and choose the same sync file as your iPhone.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.