To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I seem to have succeeded in creating 2 1Password family accounts

Options
dajashby
dajashby
Community Member

This wouldn't be a great problem except that somehow I have paid for the wrong account - i.e. the one that I haven't actually used. So I have a paid subscription for one account and I have 2 family members and 20 or so passwords in the other account. Both accounts are registered using the same email address. Is it possible to merge these two accounts so that I get one paid for account with the 2 family members and the already saved passwords?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:merge 1password accounts

Comments

• Hi @dajashby! I'm sorry for the confusion. To merge the accounts, sign in to them both in 1Password for Mac and move your data from the first account to the second one:

Move items between vaults

Then you can delete the account you don't need by signing in to it on 1Password.com, clicking the family name in the top right, and choosing Family Settings. There's an option to delete the account at the bottom of that page. If you have some questions about the specifics of your accounts, email us at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to discuss them privately.

• dajashby
    dajashby
    Community Member
    Options

It isn't clear to me how I can sign into both accounts at the same time on the app. However, it would seem to me to be a lot simpler to transfer the subscription from the empty account to the one with items in it. If you can't do it at your end, would it cost me anything to cancel the existing subscription and sign up again?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dajashby: I'm not sure how that helps, since then you'd have three accounts! :dizzy:

You can signin to the 1Password Account under 1Password Preferences > Accounts, as in the guide that Jacob linked to.

I think he wanted to make sure that you have your data in the account you want to keep before we go any further. Please do as he suggests — transfer the data and then email us directly from the registered email address — and we'll take care of you. Thanks in advance! :)

• dajashby
    dajashby
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't find it at all easy, but I succeeded in moving my items to the account that's paid, and I signed up my other family member to that. I haven't yet attempted to delete the other account, but hopefully that will be reasonably straight forward. This all started because I had a personal account that I'd created some time ago and wanted to convert it to a family account, but couldn't work out how to do that, so I created another one. I then worked out how to convert the original account, and did that too. Unfortunately for me, I then signed up for a paid subscription with the wrong account (Duh!) Hopefully now all fixed...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dajashby: Great! Thanks for getting back to me! I'm sorry that you've had some trouble navigating things, but I'm glad to hear that you're getting everything sorted out. :)

Regarding the account you don't want to keep, you can delete it by logging into your Profile and clicking "Permanently Delete Account" at the bottom.

However, if you still have any outstanding issues with payment/billing, please shoot us an email at support@1password.com from your registered email address so we can help you with that. And of course if you have any other questions, we're here for. :)

This discussion has been closed.