I have a license, and want to install 1password on a new Mac Pro. Apparently I lack an account.

abbott
abbott
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I have a license for 1password 6, and want to install it on a new Mac Pro. However, agilebits wants an 'account key', and I don't have it. My license is [licence deleted for security. This is a public forum]

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license, and want to install 1password on a new Mac Pro. Apparently I lack an account.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

With the new subscription model, accounts were introduced. With a licence you don't have an account.

You need to Continue Without an Account, and that will set up your stand-alone vault. Do you still have your old machine and data? Precise procedure will depend on this, and whether you have been doing any syncing previously.

With luck, the existing data will automatically carry over the licence info, and you won't even have to apply the licence again.

• Hi @abbott ,

danco offers good advice here. When you have a license, do not try to sign into an account. Create a vault, or click "Find Data Elsewhere" to look on iCloud, Dropbox, or Folder sync for your data.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• abbott
    abbott
    Community Member

I have two remaining problems, but only one is serious. How can I combine two vaults into just one?

Somewhere along the line, I must have accidentally created a second vault. The primary one is dropbox/1password.agilekeychain. The second one is dropbox/1password folder/1password.agilekeychain. The second one only appears on my apple tablet, and not on my computer or phone. They are almost, but not quite, identical.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @abbott,

Just to make sure I understand: You have 2 vaults in 1Password on your iPad, but you only have 1 vault in 1Password on your Mac and on your iPhone. Is that correct?

If so, I'm curious about the second vault on your iPad, as you mentioned it's slightly different from the Primary vault. Do you know exactly what is different between them? Is it possible one of those vaults is an older version of the other? If all your latest, up-to-date information is in the Primary vault, you can simply remove the second vault from 1Password on your iPad by going to Settings > Vaults > [second vault name] > Remove Vault.

On the other hand, if the second vault on your iPad is the one with all the latest data, or if each vault has some up-to-date information that is missing from the other, you'll need to take a few more steps to merge them. But before doing that, you should check the sync settings in 1Password on your Mac and iPhone to make sure which of those two sync files they're using:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure Dropbox is selected for your Primary vault.
    • Check the file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure the Sync Service is set to Dropbox.
    • Tap "Sync Service" and check the file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

Is the Primary vault syncing with the same file in the same location on all 3 devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad)? If not, which file does each Primary vault sync with?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.