Status of 1Password 6 for windows (Dropbox vault)

Options

Hi,
I wanted to check if there have been any developments regarding 1password 6 for windows. I use a dropbox vault and the last time I checked 1password 6 did not support those yet (with full ability to edit them).

I was wondering if there's a version 6 for windows fully operational for people who don't have accounts and instead use a dropbox vault. I have been so looking forward to this update since every other platform got it long long ago.

Did Windows finally catch up? If not, what is the status of that? I look forward to updating to the same versions as in every otehr computer/phone I have!

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qutrit: The new 1Password for Windows desktop app does not yet have full support for local vaults, but it's something we're working on. I'm not sure I understand this part though:

I was wondering if there's a version 6 for windows fully operational for people who don't have accounts and instead use a dropbox vault. I have been so looking forward to this update since every other platform got it long long ago.

Are you just referring to the version number here? 1Password for Windows version 4 has always had full support for Dropbox and local vaults, so there's no need to wait for version 6 for that functionality. You can use 1Password 4 until it's available. I hope this helps!

• Qutrit
    Qutrit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer. No, I am referring to the full version change. V6 that has an easy way of dealing with tags (which 1Password 4 for windows lacks).

Do you know if there are any estimates of when you plan to release a version of 1Password that can work with local vaults?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qutrit: We don't have a release date, but you can be sure that we'll announce it when it's ready. I know that waiting is no fun, but if it's any consolation, all of the work we put into adding features to the new app will benefit you and everyone else when the time comes. :)

This discussion has been closed.